The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm on my way to Georgia to drop off the SCREAMING liberty and baby (her mom).

Also, picking up two nigerian does:)
I'm so excited!! I couldn't sleep last night!
Wish us luck, it's a 4 hour drive there & 4 hours back!

It's been nice having liberty around but I can't wait to see her go to her new home<3 let's hope I don't tear.... (I never do but she's special)

Here's liberty:

Attachments

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
She is cute, I bet her new owners will love her as much as you do ;) Congrats on the new Nigies :D

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It's not like she's going far, the new owner is a TGS member(;
Ill post pics of the new Nigerians when I get em<33

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
safe travels! she's so cute!!! i'd have a hard time giving her away too, but since it's to a TGS member, we'll all be able to get updates on her!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Exactly nchen:)

Nygoatmom, I've decided that for now I'm not going to.
They're much easier and I don't have to spread my goats out so much.
I think once I'm through high school & college, I might get a Holstein and more than likely some alpines!:) I love the big breeds but it's a pain for now:/ (because of the fact I don't have my own land yet)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Exactly nchen:)

Nygoatmom, I've decided that for now I'm not going to.
They're much easier and I don't have to spread my goats out so much.
I think once I'm through high school & college, I might get a Holstein and more than likely some alpines!:) I love the big breeds but it's a pain for now:/ (because of the fact I don't have my own land yet)
This is so true^^ I want to only have Nigerians, but my family needs the big ones for milk. :/ Not that I mind the big goats; I love 'em, but the Nigerians are definitely easier to handle. And cuter, in my opinion. :p
Your new goats are cute!!!! :D I'm excited for you!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I'm so glad it was a good outcome with Liberty! I hadn't even remembered how she was doing after she was sick for a while.

You new goats are cute too :D We don't have any minis here, and most likely it will stay that way. Nigerians just wouldn't fit in with 3 Nubian divas and 3 hippopotamus Boer does... ;)

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you guys:)

It's deff much easier having Nigerians.
Plus they fit in with my lifestyle of traveling.
My animals know me and know how I am. We go EVERYWHERE together.
I load them up on the buck seat and GO!:) so I need the smaller. (;

Liberty is MUCH better! I expect her to make it. <3
She is I think mentally slower for normal 3 week old babies but I think it. From being premature. It's not like she's mental just figures things out a little later :)

Phoebe is much better than I expected.
She's a little tots estate doe & already shown before! I'm over the top with happiness:)
Such such such nice people!
:)<3

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you:)

Ill have full body pics hopefully tonight if my mom or "dad" will take pictures for me while I hold them:p

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ooooh yeah!

So I have a body shot of both.
Phoebe has triplets 2 months ago and lost two. She was real wormy. Vet cleared her of everything but she still needs to gain some weight. :)
Here they are.

image-3624169450.jpg

image-3528199312.jpg

Cricket goes to the buck tomorrow! This is him:

image-3791833821.jpg

But I'm holding off for phoebe for a bit. Obvious reasons:)
My first show with cricket will be September 28th! :) maybe even phoebe too(;

Attachments

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you!:)

I guess it's time to get them out of their crate & tie them up huh? Lol
(I have no fencing at my house & I stay with them)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Emilie, do you have issues with your goats bleating like crazy when thy are not out? I have a 20x20 pen for my nigerian and Pygmy whethers, I let them out at least once a day for An hour or so, twice if I'm not busy with the kids, sometimes half the day if I'm outside to watch them bc they could run into the road if they wanted to so can't leave them unsupervised. I began to chain them close but not close enough to get tangled and the bleat. Do I guess my question is are try constantly bleating bc they are expecting to be let out? I think my neighbors must be annoyed by them thy are loud! Your new goats are adorable!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts