New Herd Additions - ** Update **

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Aug 18, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, some of you might of heard that I have been contimplating getting out of goats, except for my personal pets. It has been a long, trying year for me. I have had heartbreaks, upsetting times and what not.

Well obviously someone or "something" was looking out for me.

I received a phonecall a few months back from a breeder a few hours away from me that had a proposition of me leasing her herd, as they were moving. Things kind of died down - and we didn't talk about it for a while. Then last week I received an email from her that she had a proposition for me.

I called her and she wanted to GIVE me some of her registered Nigerians as she wanted them to go to a good home that she trusted. I was so happy! :stars: . There are 4 does and 2 bucks. All registered and some double registered. So I told hubby that I was going to be given 4 does - he just looked at me. Then I told him about the 2 bucks - he said - "That is NOT 4" So I didn't want to push him a couple days later when there was a young wether thrown in on the package - LOL!

I wanted to blood test everyone before I brought anyone home so I was to go up this past Friday and draw on everyone - but had to push it until Saturday. My hubby actually went with me. So we drove the 2 hours to Ms. Carla's house. We got there and the goaties were just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! Everyone was so friendly, happy, and healthy looking!!!

Ms. Carla and her husband are some of the nicest people that I have ever met in my life. We are so much alike in alot of ways! So we brought out the goats 1 by 1 to draw blood (13 total) and everytime it was one that I am going to be bringing home, I would tell my hubby - this is one we are getting. You could see him kind of light up. He held all of them for me and they were the easiest goats I have ever drawn on! It was great and I was able to stick most of them only 1 time and get the blood quickly.

When we went to do the boys (which of course you know they started rutt alreay) my husband lit up. He FELL IN LOVE with one of the bucks we are getting - Mocha (which happens to be Ms. Carla's husband's favorite of all the goats also!) Then we stayed and talked for hours! The "boys" seemed to have lots to talk about - and you know us women can always talk for hours. We were given home made goat milk icecream - OH MY GOSH! It was the best icecream either of us has ever had!! Ms. Carla even sent me home with some goat milk soap to try. It smells so good and leaves my hands so soft!

So we left Montana to drive to get our son, and the whole way home MY husband was talking "Goat" to me - can you believe it. It is a revalation - I have officially converted him! I think he has realized that "big guys" can like goats also - :ROFL:

So I am sending blood work today - will have the results back by Friday afternoon and we are picking them up. So guess who asked if he could come with me to get them------ my step son!!!!! This is the boy that I usually DO NOT get along with and wants NOTHING to do with my "pets". Can you believe it!!! :shocked: I think it is because my DH was going on and on about these goats.

So I am letting him skip a football practice to come with me. I am so excited to get these goaties. I have pictures but I need to download them from the camera. I will post them shortly (tommorrow) for you all as right now I do not have internet at home. But I will tell you about them!!!

Chocolate Doe - white band on one leg - marbled blue eyes
    Light buckskin Doe
    Gold Doeling
    Black and white Doe
    Light Buckskin wether
    Chocolate and white Buck
    Black and white Buck (Father to other buck)

They colors listed on their registration papers are off on a couple of them - but I will check tattoos when I get them. I am so excited to have "my herd back!!!"

pics soon!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: New Herd Additions

Congratulations Allison! What a great opportunity for you....now just to transfer papers and get everyone settled in...glad hubby is on the same page too....just think of all the babies you'll have next year :leap:

3. Candy

Candy Guest

May 14, 2008

Sometimes the good Lord dosen't just answer prayer. Sometimes he just reaches down and gives you a hug! :hug: I think you got a big hug :sun:
    Candy

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh yah - we are going to have some gorgeous babies. Her does all threw trip, quads, or quints this year!!! The 2 seasoned girls threw trips if I remember right and they were FF! I have it written at home.

I am just so thankful that Ms. Carla came into my life!

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Allison that is soooo exciting!! :leap: I know I am....I can't wait to see pics too!!

The same kinda thing happened to me last Monday when I went to look at that herd of 35?? reg. nigerians. The lady is soooo sweet, just gave me all her goatie supplies and threw in all this stuff, panels, troughs, feed, etc.. She gave me a big hug like 4 times and we talked for a few hours about the goats. She was just so sweet! She said she prayed someone like me would come along to take her herd,,,,she's extremely attached,,,,and what do you know,,,,I came runnin when I saw the ad!

I was happy with my herd, but i've always wanted TX twin creeks goats, Pecan hollow, just really well known lines and sure enough I came across this lady! Did you hear I bought the whole herd out?

Congrats on the new ones...That's just great! It's funny how things work out sometimes! You've definately got someone lookin out for ya!!

I need to email you girl...we haven't chatted for awhile besides TGS!!! Talk to you laters!!!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I really think that we need to do some doeling "swapping" this spring!! I will have 5 or 6 registered does and 2 that have blue eyes - some nice colors and some great lines!

I am really only online during the day right now as the internet went belly up at the house and I am trying to get it fixed - guess that is what happens when you live in the boonies! LOL!

I will definately have the pics in the morning for you all. They are not "posed" pics - just ones of them out in the pens laying around in the heat.

So are you going to "sell off" any of those does that you are hoarding down that way??? LOL! :scratch:

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

What a great surprise!

I bet this lady was really happy to find someone so loving to take her pets. :hug:

8. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

I won't be selling any does, most likely, but I should have a bunch of doelings and bucklings available. We should definately do some swapping! I'm excited for spring!!! Can't wait til the kids get here and i haven't even bred anyone quite yet!! Geeeesh....i'm just so excited!!!

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

Allison, my face lit up when I read your thread!!!! :wahoo: What great news!!!! I too love to talk goats and my hubby is starting to come around again...oooo that just makes me so happy for you, your family and all the goats!!!!! :stars:

10. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Congrats Allison!!! That is so very exciting! :D

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Ok so here are my new ones. The paperwork is being done as we speak to get the registrations transfered around. Most are ADGA and some are dual with AGS also.

Mocha - (our favorite new Herd Sire)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Argyle - (mocha's sire)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wether (unnamed. He is the one in the front)

[​IMG]

Daisy (1 year old - never bred)

[​IMG]

Oreo - (1 y/o - never freshened)

[​IMG]

Cocoa - (2 y/o - freshened 1 time with trips - blue eyed)

[​IMG]

Goldie (5 month old doeling)

[​IMG]

12. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Re: New Herd Additions - pics added

Very good looking herd Allison! LOVE LOVE LOVE Mocha,,,he is gorgeous! He's got the same build as my buck Twist. I love the chocolates....one of my favorite colors on the nigis! :love: Do you have their registered names yet? I'd love to look at their pedigrees! Congrats,,,they are gorgeous!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I do, but I accidently left all of that at home today. I will try to bring it tommorrow so that I can get what I have of their pedigrees up on my website.

Cocoa's eyes are marbled blue - but she is throwing blue eyed kids - so that is good!

My husban just LOVES Mocha to. He reminds me of a bottle baby so I am guessing he was. He is so sweet and kind! It will be nice to see the boys shaved in spring! Mocha is 1 year old and Argyle is 8 years old.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

nice little herd you bought there

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Cocoa looks almost identical to my Bushfire only Bushfire isn't blue-eyed. Pretty goats!

16. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.

Very nice! Hope they all give you nice little ones this spring!

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Very good looking herd Allison! I love Mocha, he is so handsome. I can't wait to see pedigrees! :) That's always fun for some reason. . . .

18. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

Those goats are gorgeous!!!!!!!!

19. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca

Oh boy- that buck is beautiful. I hope they all work out for you and are gracing your place soon. Congratulations.

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, it is Tuesday, and unfortunately the herd will not be joining me. There are some circumstances that we found that I would prefer not to work with. I totally adore the lady that I was speaking with and we will always remain friends.

I have decided to purchase a few goats though - I know I know! These already have their blood testing within the last month and are good to go. So they will be coming this weekend to the house. I am getting 2 does (one registered, one registerable) and then the unregisterable doeling of the registed doe, and an unregistered doe whose mother milked very nicely.

So anyway - I will give more info and pics when I get them!