New herd member....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Sep 13, 2009.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Is doing AWESOME!!!

Penny is fast becoming a part of the herd and she's just been here since Friday night! Bailey has really been very sweet with her, she's totally involved with Penny's green collar as she will nibble at it....don't know why because they all wear them :shrug:
    My baby cried each time I left them yesterday and today, she was busily playing and eating and didn't miss me at all :( Which I guess is a good thing, means that she's comfortable now.

Her dam has had 2 sets of quads with her 1st and 2nd freshenings.......whats the chances that I could see that from Penny when her time comes?

Also, there was a miscommunication with the registries....I as well as her breeder assumed that she would have the herd name of Honey Hollow BUT because her dam was bred just 2 DAYS before the sale date, the previous owners herd name is on her AGS certificate....I now am going through the process of re-registering her thru NDGA under the herdname that AGS has :?

Penny's spot on my website has been updated with a new pic as well as pedigree if you would like to check it out.

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    :leap: :leap: :leap: :leap: Yep, there's a strong possibility she will have quads alright! Its passed down on the dam's side.
    Penny's green collar is new them hehehe.
    So glad she is settling in & congrats on your new addiction!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the herd name comes from the breeder so since she was bred before the sale date she wouldnt have the name of the buyer unless the buyer changed the date on the transfer where it says "date of sale" to say it was BEFORE the breeding.

To put it simply:

The herd name on the kids is that of the owner of the doe at the time of service.

4. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    She's so sweet :) I am glad they are getting along :)