The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a friend told me I've gone to "the other side" lol - I've moved my herd to LaManchas only. I've got 6-8 LaManchas coming in July from a few different farms, along with what I've already got here (2 LM does -a doeling and buckling) and then today one of my new bucks showed up - WOOHOO. I'm so excited...his general appearance, length, width and personality is MUCH more than I had hoped for. Pictures don't really do him justice... I'm really happy with this guy - he's 2 y/o this year and he's a big boy - which is why I'm even more thrilled that he's SUPER friendly...
So here's some pictures of one of the 2 new herd sires I got this year:

Fias Co Farm Kandinsky
(Love -R- Goats Cap's Musashi x Fias Co Farm Goldie Jr )

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - he's cool :). When he stands on his hind legs - his belly is covered with all sorts of colors -
There's tons of pictures of him on their website - I'm not sure if his birth photos were on there or not.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
He's a handsome guy!!! Congrats!! :stars:

Just remember especially with LaMancha bucks, how the buck looks doesn't matter as much as how his daughters do. LaManchas are quite known for some not so great looking buck :wink: He is handsome though.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol I know and it's far from just the LaManchas - the daughters speak for just about any dairy buck...he could be gorgeous/colorful - but that could even out to mean nothing more than easy to look at...and I know looks (color) isn't everything - but was kind of blown away the difference in him in the pictures and in person - still in the shock phase *grins*. He just ended up being nicer than I had anticipated all the way around. He has his weaknesses as does any goat in the country, but he's hopefully bringing a few traits I'd like to see improved over on a few of my does... I'll know in about another year or two just how "lovely" he actually is - as that's when I should see his daughters freshen. In the mean time, I can admire :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts