New Herd Sire

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Bona Fide, May 4, 2008.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    As a friend told me I've gone to "the other side" lol - I've moved my herd to LaManchas only. I've got 6-8 LaManchas coming in July from a few different farms, along with what I've already got here (2 LM does -a doeling and buckling) and then today one of my new bucks showed up - WOOHOO. I'm so excited...his general appearance, length, width and personality is MUCH more than I had hoped for. Pictures don't really do him justice... I'm really happy with this guy - he's 2 y/o this year and he's a big boy - which is why I'm even more thrilled that he's SUPER friendly...
    So here's some pictures of one of the 2 new herd sires I got this year:

Fias Co Farm Kandinsky
    (Love -R- Goats Cap's Musashi x Fias Co Farm Goldie Jr )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ooo he is nice. I like his markings. Congrats! :clap:

I wish I had enough room for big goats. If I did I would have LaMancha's. Maybe I will have mini mancha's someday. :)

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    He is a beautiful buck and what great lines he has too!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He is a very handsome fellow! Nice sharp withers and beautiful markings!

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    He's very handsome. Doesn't Fiasco Farm have his birth photos on their website? Congrats!

6. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Thanks - he's cool :). When he stands on his hind legs - his belly is covered with all sorts of colors -
    There's tons of pictures of him on their website - I'm not sure if his birth photos were on there or not.

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    He's a handsome guy!!! Congrats!! :stars:

Just remember especially with LaMancha bucks, how the buck looks doesn't matter as much as how his daughters do. LaManchas are quite known for some not so great looking buck :wink: He is handsome though.

8. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    lol I know and it's far from just the LaManchas - the daughters speak for just about any dairy buck...he could be gorgeous/colorful - but that could even out to mean nothing more than easy to look at...and I know looks (color) isn't everything - but was kind of blown away the difference in him in the pictures and in person - still in the shock phase *grins*. He just ended up being nicer than I had anticipated all the way around. He has his weaknesses as does any goat in the country, but he's hopefully bringing a few traits I'd like to see improved over on a few of my does... I'll know in about another year or two just how "lovely" he actually is - as that's when I should see his daughters freshen. In the mean time, I can admire :).

9. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    very handsome fellow you have there congrats :leap:

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    He is very handsome!!!! I bet he will gove you tons of gorgeous daughters!

11. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Congrats,he's really pretty. :) I love that color.