The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading the forum for a while. But decided it was time for me to post, as I seem to be having a problem. I have about ten percentage boers, and recently (last Saturday) brought home two new does. They are not with the rest of the goats, but are quarantined up in a small barnyard paddock with a mini-donk that we also purchased. The main doe in question had her kids taken from her not long before I purchased her. She now has a pretty bad cough and her eyes are runny, as well as she is throwing some snot. She has not quite gotten completely use to us yet and is not in an eager mood to be handled. What is my best course of action. Don't want the other doe to goto coughing and such as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. Can't get ahold of the vet to get the drugs today. Going to give her a round of Oxytetracycline and monitor her closely. Also gave her a full fresh bucket of water with electrolytes. Just got back from the barnyard, was up there for about 20minutes and I never heard her cough or throw snot once. Eyes are still watery. Maybe she isnt bad off and the oxytet will bring her back 100%
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...a=X&ei=LK5-UsvGIKe-sQTfxIGQAg&ved=0CCcQvwUoAA

·
Super Moderator
32,217 Posts
All medication can be given Sub Q except hormones..Sub Q is less painful too.

Nuflor is 3 cc per 100# once a day for 5-7 days
besure to finish a full course of antibiotics..

b comple is a wonderful support vitamin

check temps..101.5-103.5 is normal range

1 - 10 of 10 Posts