The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've lurked here a little bit and then had my iPad stolen so I am just getting back online. I have a 6-day-old buckling that had a rattle in his chest. I gave him penicillin (allI had and late Monday night) and some tussin. Two days later, he is still running around, filling his belly (nursing) and acting fine, but still has a chest congestion problem at 8 days old. My husband took him to the vet and didn't find out what they gave him, but it was "antibiotics" and said to bring him back in a week. I am going to call tomorrow to find out what exactly they gave him, but am I missing something? They said only congestion, no fever and no pneumonia. Is there more I can do. It is 90 degrees and humid where we live.

Thanks1

'

·
Registered
31,515 Posts
the moist air can cause congestion..if he doesnt have fever I dont do antibiotics usually..however once he is on it you need to finish the course...Tussen is a good idea ..I would stick with that. B complex is great when they are under stress...as long as he is doing all the good things..eating pooping berries, peeing. bight eye and alert I wouldnt worry too much..keep a very close eye on it..pneumonia can be a sneaky little booger...if you see your baby off by himself, hunched tail tucked not eating well...take him temp right away....101.5-103.5 is the normal range...and welcome to the forum..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts