The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is so nice to find a place where I do not sound like a crazy woman for obsessing about my goats!

My name is Adri. My husband, our 6 kids and I live in Southeastern Ontario, Canada. 6 years ago we moved from the big city to the country. It has been a tremendous learning experience for all of us. We started with chickens and turkeys, until my husband brought home a shy old saanen doe for milk. She has since passed, but her daughters, Lily and Daisy, are less like livestock and more like dogs with hooves and horns. They are attention seekers. We have borrowed a buck for them for the past two years. Last year they each produced a beautiful kid which we sold to great homes, and milk for yoghurt and paneer cheese. Tomorrow is Lily's due date, I believe Daisy is due in 3 weeks. We also have 2 pointers and 3 very friendly barncats.

6 years ago, I never would have predicted that I would be up late at night worried about a pregnant goat, but I love where life has taken me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome to TGS!
I know the feeling haha I feel crazy all the time when I think about how big a part in my life these silly(<3) goats are. I wouldn't trade it for anything though! You'll definitely fit right in with all of us :D

·
Registered
29,911 Posts
welocme from Central Texas

·
Registered
184 Posts
:welcome:
I'm pretty new myself and I can tell you right now that this is the best place to be:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts