new here

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lilkitty90, Dec 12, 2011.

1. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    so i'm new here but before i post photos i want to share my goatie experience!

i saved my first little pygmy from an auction.
    sadly the men had carelessly bred her with a buck that was much to large for her. she started kidding 3 days after we had her, and ended up having to be put down because they were much to large. it's a sad story to get into.

because that happened after a couple of months i decided to try my hand again at getting another goat. i got a much younger pygmy. she was about 4 months old, we named her Africa to go along the theme with our other goat who was named Asia. Africa loves to be out on walks and used as a pack goat. she loves to ride in the car.. >.> and going to football games! i love taking her to the park and walking her around the walking trails.

after that someone had a 4 months old Kiko billy, that i decided to take in. him being so large i kept him over at the pasture instead of at our house with Africa. i'd hate for him to breed her and end up like from the start! he's a fantastic boy, and he loves our horses. i had a friend keeping his goat in with him, she was a large nanny, but she had to move back home with her herd so he's a bit lonely for now.

first 2 pictures are of Africa riding in the car :)
    the rest are my kiko billy Freckles with his little nanny friend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    oh wow, picture failure. haha any insight on which link to use from photobucket?

3. ptgoats45

ptgoats45 Goat Girl

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Oklahoma
    :wave: welcome!

Sorry about your first experience with goats, sounds like you are off to a good start with the two you have now!

I think you use the last link of the ones listed, its the IMG Thumb

Make sure your pics are resized or they might be too big to view.

4. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    ok then, here they are! lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. RMADairyGoats

RMADairyGoats New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Colorado
    Welcome to TGS :wave:
    I'm sorry you lost your first goatie. :( :hug: I'm glad the goats you have now are doing good ;) We name our Nigerian Dwarf goats African names too :) Yay for Africa! :leap: :greengrin:

6. Welcome and sorry about the lil girl, but not that you did not let it stop you from having a wonderful animal in your life.

7. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    i love giving ours unique names, however. freckles had these really cute speckles on his nose and i couldn't pass on calling him freckles :)

8. RMADairyGoats

RMADairyGoats New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Colorado
    I see your buck has WATTLES! I love wattles :love: :love:

9. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    honestly.. i always thought wattles were hilarious and rediculous looking until i met this guy! now i love them! they are so fun to pet and he loves having his wattles petted. :lovey:

10. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    Hi.... :wave: ...welcome to TGS! I love it here, such wonderful people!

I am gald you didn't give up on goats after your bad experience with your first one. Litle Africa is a cutie!

11. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Welcome! :) Your goats are ADORABLE! Africa looks like she is quite laid back and happy! :) And Freckles is a beautiful boy!

12. jaycee

jaycee Senior Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Alton, IL
    Welcome Lilkitty. Those are beautiful goats. You will love the folks here, very helpful always.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome ...glad you are here....nice goaties you have there...... :thumb: :love:

14. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    thnks so much guys! it's nice to come to a very welcome community! :greengrin: i hope to learn alot here :stars:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are very welcome..... glad to have you here... :thumb:

16. JackMilliken

JackMilliken New Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Welcome, you goats are beautiful! I also love your bucks wattles :)

17. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    hehe thanks guys! after many visits wth another kiko buck a few miles away. i have decided to bring him home. i introduced him to Freckles yesterday. it was pretty rough and intense but has settled down alot. i have tons of pictures! just got to put them on my computer. turns out he is alot smaller then freckles though he is a month older? maybe freckles is a mixed breed and not pure kiko. as this new guy seems pure i have met both his mom and his daddy.

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats on your new buck... glad things are going well.... :greengrin:

We'd love to see pics... :thumb: :hi5:

19. lilkitty90

lilkitty90 New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    ok.. but you asked for it! there will probably be a picture overload. lol