The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm from northwestern Iowa. I have 2 teenage daughters. We used to raise a little bit of everything until my husband was killed by a distracted driver. Long story short, that was just over a yr ago. We have thinned things down cuz it was getting too overwhelming for me to take care of it all and work 40 hrs a week and 2 kids. We have around 30 nannies n kids.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Welcome to the forum! My sympathies also.
It is great you and your daughters are staying with goats. We found them late in life, and they are wonderful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[
It is great you and your daughters are staying with goats. We found them late in life, and they are wonderful.
QUOTE="Dwarf Dad, post: 2227649, member: 32710"]Welcome to the forum! My sympathies also.
It is great you and your daughters are staying with goats. We found them late in life, and they are wonderful.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome new friend! I'm also new at this goat thing, I've had mine for eight at a year this month, and they just had babies! They're fun, but a lot of work! No need to worry though! Everyone on here is simply AMAZING and so knowledgeable. We will help you as best as we can, and remember! No question is a stupid one. Also, my condolences to you, sweet lady.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We dont have any certain kinds of goats. We have some Boer, pigmy, and alpine. Some of everything. This winter has been hard on them. Too many below 0 temps and high winds.
QUOTE="Dwarf Dad, post: 2227649, member: 32710"]Welcome to the forum! My sympathies also.
It is great you and your daughters are staying with goats. We found them late in life, and they are wonderful.[/QUOTE]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts