New improved goat yard pics...

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by milk and honey, Mar 20, 2011.

1. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Here are the pics of my improved goat yard.. but as I look at them.. I still see stuff that needs to be cleaned up...LOL Oh well, it's a work in progress. The goats and chickens have 3 tiers in the yard... and when they start running.. they use every inch! I've got bees coming the first week of April, and they'll go on the top tier.

Attached Files:

2. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Cool its very cute looking.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh that is really neat and looks like loads of fun for the goats....... :thumb: :greengrin:

4. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    WOW, it's like Disneyland for goaties!! HOW COOL!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! :leap:

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It's really cute! I love it! And the goats look very happy. :thumb:

6. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Ha ha ha... In the first pic... It's like a game of "Goat, Goat, Goat, Goose - er, chicken???" :ROFL:

7. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    I Looove it! The green grass looks wonderful! We just hit 32 degrees today for the first time this spring. Your place looks very animal friendly! :)

8. Tolers Boers

Tolers Boers New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Monticello KY
    :whatgoat: We have Nubians and Boers so i need to know how u get away with kids yard toys. will they hold up? i can see the little goats pygmy dwarfs okay but our goats are big and get bigger.

we gave them our picnic table we weren't using it. and we found an old prehistoric satellite dish turned that upside down and put some brush on it. they play all over both.

but we like to have more options for them. what are your suggestions. keep in mind we are limited budget just starting out mini farm. i see some pics of goats that are in noting more than dog house and kennel. ??? with no pasture.

i guess im missing something and i don't want to offend anyone but the reason we have Nubians is because we found them living in a dog kennel skinny ribs showing no pasture no exercise.

Attached Files:

9. Tolers Boers

Tolers Boers New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Monticello KY
    did u build out all your barns and steps for them or add onto? i just don't think we could have as much as u do. your goats are in i disney world and ours are just out to lunch.

please any suggestions that don't cost much but give then exercise. i am a firm believer in exercise having been a physical therapist. i want my buck especially
    at this stage to start to develop those thick thighs and buttocks.

so climbing for him right now is a must.

10. DavyHollow

DavyHollow New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I like how it looks! Small but efficient, and I love the tiers :D