New in CT

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rainboweggs, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Rainboweggs

Rainboweggs New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Hi everyone! I've been reading about thegoatspot on the Backyardchickens forum for a while now. I really would like to add a pair of Nigerian Dwarf goats to our family someday so I decided to join. We've got chickens and ducks in the backyard but will be new to goats. I'd love to have a doe and a wether to start. So I am trying to be patient, do my research, etc. so we'll be ready. I'm looking forward to finding lots of good information on here.
    Kristin

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hi from MA! :wave:

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Hi and Welcome from Colorado! BYC is the best chicken site - TGS is the best goat site!! :)

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome!! I do hear that our site is making some "noise" over there.

Glad you decided to join us and learn before getting goats. There will be a ton to learn after you get them but it always helps to know the basics first

5. Rainboweggs

Rainboweggs New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Thanks, I agree! We will all be happier if we at least have a clue what we're getting into before bringing home any goats. There are many on BYC who have them. They are way too willing to share pictures and make me impatient to go looking!!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Idaho :wave:

So glad to have you here and doing your research will really help in the long run! I was one that just couldn't wait ---- hehehe!

7. Rainboweggs

Rainboweggs New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    That could easily be me except I know I don't have a fence that will contain a goat yet. Not even close! So the worry of chasing goats around my neighborhood will hold me back. I'm don't think my husband could handle a goat in the basement until he can help me get a pen built! :shrug:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...glad you are here.... :wave:

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to The Goat Spot! :)

10. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :wave: Welcome from SW PA!!

It's great to be able to have the basics covered before you get your first "kids"....there is so much info provided by all here that it's sometimes a bit overwhelming! So, please, don't hesitate to ask....and BTW, a little "warning" GOATS ARE VERY ADDICTIVE!!!

12. Rainboweggs

Rainboweggs New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Thanks everyone. I joined BYC with two hens in my backyard. We're up to 12 hens, 1 rooster and 4 ducks! I'm sure I'm going to get myself into trouble soon with goats! Limited space will force me to keep things sane though. :leap:
    Edited to fix a spelling error and confess that I did order 6 new chicks to be delivered in April.

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :wave: Welcome from Colorado

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    LOL don't worry - mine came home to a doe with brand new twins in our master bathroom last year :ROFL: He about died!

Needless to say, they were in the basement for a week till it warmed up outside!

15. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Welcome and have fun here.

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from AL :wave: I am one of those type of people that does TONS of research before getting something as well :wink: Feel free to jump in and start posting with any questions you may have :thumb:

17. Rainboweggs

Rainboweggs New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    This is an attempt to post a picture of my rooster George. If it doesn't work then it becomes the question, "How do I post a picture?"
    [​IMG]

18. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Welcome from NY!!
    We raise Nigerian Dwarves and are going to be getting some chickens within the next month.. So I guess we are a little bit opposite :)

Jennah

19. Rainboweggs

Rainboweggs New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Ooooooooo! You're only about 3 and a half hours from me! Do you raise them to sell???
    What kind of chickens are you getting? I love my mixed backyard flock of one of these and two of those and a coupla ducks....
    Kind of like an aquarium with feathers!