The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is an update on her. She is drinking fine, eating lightly and seems to be not as depressed. However I have noticed her sides are a bit larger and now she will go pee and only a lil will come out, she will stand there a few seconds longer and still nothing. and I even seen her 1 time trying to go pee but nothing. IM so confused
So now what do I do?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
Take her temp...make sure thats in a good place...101.5-103.5 is normal range
B complex is always a good support vitamin
Probios to help with flora in the gut

Make her some electrolytes to encourage drinking..Some Does in heat will try to pee more often with little results...the extra fluids should help..
1/4-1/2 teaspoon baking soda in enough water to drench along with a good tumy message can help mild bloat...if she seem very bloated I would up the baking soda..
Keep her moving until you are sure sheis out of the woods..
here is a good electro recipe

Homemade Electrolytes

A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her temp is fine, 102.8 and last night I gave her the MOM, and backing soda drench, as well as with some warm water and soap. Gave her the B vit shot and the electrolyte water. Also gave her the Probios.
She has been around the other goats but not eating as much as normal, but drinking fine, although her wanting to know what you have is back to normal as well as coming over wanting attention.
You mentioned that when does come into heat, they will try to Pee more often, she is a Alpine doeling born April 15th 2013. Could this all be cause from her going into her 1st heat cycle?
THanks again

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
Yes, she is old enough to come into heat...Tis the season as well : ) I would give her a rest today from treatments other than electrolytes..allow her body to adjust to what you gave.
Her temp is good
Watch to see if she is chewing a cud..pooping berries ( after the MOM she might be abit loose a few days..dont panic..let it run its course)
keepan eye on her..I bet she will be just fine..
Heat causes all kinds of changes in different does...lower milk productionin milkers, peeing alot, not eating as well, acting bucky, seting away from other, mouthy, tail flagging, some are more aggressive ect.....:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts