new jeffers site

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Dec 29, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    AHHHHHH :hair: :angry: :veryangry:

why do theyhave to mess with things :GAAH:

I dont take change well can you see :doh:

2. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I agree! I DO NOT like the new changes they have made to the Jeffers site. :angry:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yeah, Can't figure out that site at all. They have lost me as a customer, thats for sure.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow ....what is up with that.. :(

5. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I dont like it either.

Maybe there's someway to contact them and let them know our opinion, maybe if enough people would complain about the site they would go back to the other one.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I can't even figure out how to get it to work.... is there any other good goat suppliers I can check out. I have mainly used Jeffers.... this is depressing. :sigh:

7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Hey you can comment on their new site by using the contact us button. Doubt it will help but maybe if they get enough people complaining and them losing business they may switch back to the other site. *shrugs* I'm going to make do for this order but I'll probably be switching afterwards to. I can't find my supplies anywhere else that is the same price or cheaper. I have always used Jeffers because they are quick at shipping and easy to work with. Never had a problem with them. And the added bonus of their easy to navigate website...

I hate that they changed websites, its no longer easy. GRR :angry:

8. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm not sure I'm following.. When did they change it? I have been on it several times for the last week and haven't noticed anything different, other than the new clearance items..

http://www.jefferspet.com/

I was thinking about making a post though; the reason I have been on it so much is because when I add something to my cart, it either does not show up in my cart, or when I click on another item or another page, the first item in my cart disappears, the most I've gotten in the cart is two items.. or is this what everyone is talking about? We've tried it on the other computer too.. we needed some wormer, but it won't let me get anything! How do they propose they are going to sell anything that way?

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh no it is totaly different but i havent been on it in months :(

I have trouble when it says you are on page 2 of 3 but there is no next button :roll:

Then when I do a search it cant find things like goat minerals :doh: but if I put in sweet lix it can find it :GAAH:

Also it likes to go back to the pet section instead of staying on the livestock where i can find what i am looking for :hair:

10. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    I had the same problem with the page numbers..
    Sounds more like technical difficulties more than anything.. my mom said that we should order over the phone but i don't know. Its really frustrating..

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how can you order over the phone if you cant even find what they have?? at least I KNEW they have several brands of goat minerals because I have searched their site MANY times previous to the change. But what about others who dont know?

I send them a comment telling them of my problems. :angry:

12. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well the whole page number thing only happened once.. so far.. might have to find what I need and write down all the codes or whatever.. I have no idea. Atleast you guys can get stuff in your cart! I don't think I would be ordering over the comp with the troubles they've been having..

13. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yeah, I can only get one thing in my cart too and then even if I go to check out it says there is nothing in my cart. So frustrating!! Then I ordered a magazine....it never came!! I guess I'll have to order over the phone, but boy is it frustrating!

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I told them that their new site is horrible and that I was thinking of shopping elsewhere. They told me they are still working on the site and gave me a promotional code to save $10 off my next purchase.......

15. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Oh cool RunAround
    YOu pushed their buttons good xD

16. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I got a reply from Jeffers yesterday and they said that AOL members that are doing online shopping on the website,,,,it won't allow you to put more than 1 item in the cart and it won't let you check out etc. They said they were working on the problem. I really like Jeffers and am hoping they can get it fixed soon!!!

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    haha is my email to them

her response

So if I ever need to get something from them... 10.00 off is cool. Seems like they are giving that 10.00 off to anyone who complains :greengrin:

18. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I simply stated that I was not fully satisfied with the new site.

19. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Here is another reply I got:

Dear Ashley,
    Thank you for your honest comments. We are working as fast as we
    can to fix the site. I too wish we could go back to the old site. It
    was written in an old Internet program that is no longer supported by
    microsoft and we were told at any time it could go down. Please send
    me the paticular problems you are having. I really appreciate your
    honesty. We told our developer yesterday he has one month to fix the
    200+ issues we have before we go to a new developer. So any feedback
    you have we will add to our list.
    Sincerely,
    Ruth Jeffers

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I am glad someone is putting fire underneath the guy. I feel bad for him in a way......but not bad enough