The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short. Kid born may 31 twin was already deceased, and came a little early. (Story in birth announcements under nana kidded) anyway. He's doesn't talk. I've heard him one time, and it was like a scream. He picks a quiet spot lays down and waits for his mom to come back, even though she is calling for him to be with her. I tried clapping and snapping behind him and no ear movement. And some other little things that are making me think he can't hear. Any tricks to know for sure? And how will this effect him. He's not a typical kid that runs around while mom as browsing. He just lays down and waits for her. It's kinda weird.

Sent from my iPad using GoatSpot

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
The only thing I could even suggest would be to bring him into the house and try stomping your foot on the floor to see if he responds to the vibrations that causes. I know people train deaf dogs through stomping, but I'm not sure how one would do that with an animal that lives outside.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
it may have to do with his prematurity. give him a couple of weeks, meanwhile if his mom abandons him you will have to bottle feed. you may be able to housebreak him. if all thats wrong is he's deaf. remember when one door closes another opens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts