New kids

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by lissablack, May 18, 2010.

1. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Last week I went with a friend to Missouri and brought home three new kids, two bucklings and a doeling. Many of the kinder goats in the country are in Missouri, and the other place with larger numbers of them is Washington state, although I guess there aren't a lot anywhere. I needed new genes. So here they are!

Preston is a first generation kinder, I guess that means it is pretty much an unknown how he will turn out. He has good pygmy and nubian genes, though, and I like increasing the gene pool in the kinder herd.

[​IMG]

Rolley is a third generation kinder, so I'll have some fourth generation kids next year for the first time. He has that lovely oberhasli color.

[​IMG]

This last picture is a mob of my kids, not quite all of them. The new doeling is the pale colored one toward the back. She's the biggest. She is a third generation kinder also.

[​IMG]

It was a great trip, we got to see some friends that moved from here on the way, and it is always neat to meet the goat people you have been talking to on the computer for years.

Plus I rarely get away because I take care of my mother. I finally had to move her into an assisted living facility, so things are getting a little easier around here, but she isn't really settled yet.

Jan

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh those are some of the nicest Kinders I have ever seen! beautiful new additions and kids you have there

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations, they are beautiful :lovey: :eek:hlala:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow...they are really nice...congrats.... :thumb: :love:

5. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thank you, I'm not very good at seeing past coat color yet, so I have both trips let them choose for me, the people I have gotten my kinders from in Missouri are very careful about the kids they sell. These kids look really nice to me, but I don't know enough.

Jan

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Well Jan for not knowing much you did a great job. :eek:hlala:

7. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thank you, I really hope to have a high quality herd of kinders.

Jan

8. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Pretty goats and pretty pics of your goats :)

9. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I love the colors... beautiful little goats you have there.

10. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thanks everyone! They will get stockier as they grow up.

Jan

11. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    CAme over to see your goats...I am sold! This is what i am looking for!

12. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I don't know a lot about Kinders but they sure are a nice looking group of goats! Congrats!!! :stars:

13. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Thank you very much. I've been pretty lucky, since I didn't know what I was looking at when I started.

Jan