New lamb born during the blizzard :)

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by 3pygmymom, Feb 12, 2010.

1. 3pygmymom

3pygmymom New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    While anxiously waiting for our baby goats to arrive our sheep would wait until the storms hit to deliver!This little one weighs a pound and a half maybe 1 3/4 lbs. mom is being very protective and i dont want the baby to get hurt so i tried not to keep her away long. We debated putting a sweater on her(one of my daughters doll sweaters would fit perfect!) but decided not to pursue it for the fact we didnt want mom knocking her over or accidentally stepping on her. She is nursing well and made it through the first night so if we get her through today and tonight I think she will have a good chance. My girls named her Blizzy:) Now if I can just figure out how to post her picture!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats on the new addition.... :greengrin:

if the baby is cold ...I would put a sweater on , mom will have a fit ...but it will help the baby stay warmer... :hug:

picture size..... needs to be 430X430 Pixels...
    Or you can go to photobucket and join there to put up pics...
    or use "Paint" in your Windows startup and resize it there..

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Congrats on teh new addition -- Blizzy sounds light a tough little thing

4. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Aww. congrats:) I love anything thats a baby:)))

5. 3pygmymom

3pygmymom New Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    lets see if the facebook link works for the pictures. i had to help deliver another today, this one had a very large head and was not moving when i finally got him out. i suctioned him and rubbed and rubbed, mom cleaned and cleaned until she delivered the second. it is almost like a down syndrome child, overly large head and a little slow, he did finally stand after an hour and walking is coming slow. finally had to give him a bottle to get nourishment, i held him to mom and he could not figure out how to latch on. will keep a close eye on him. he is shivery, keep warming him up but no low temp and wondering if it has to do with the features being off and the large head. anyhow, here is the link for little blizzy :) http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/alb ... =642757895 i hope it works! she is still going strong!