The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The more time we spend with goats, the wiser we be
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I finally joined! I have been reading posts on this forum for a long time, but just now joined. I do have a questions that has been puzzling me for a while...

Is there any showmanship classes outside of 4-H or FFA? I am in 4-H now and might join FFA after I age out. I am just wondering for down the road.

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Now that I am too old for both I have been looking also! I show boers in abga and they have youth showmanship for kids still in high school, haven't seen an "adult" one though

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
NAILE has a 19-21 wether showmanship class. Our state fair has it for does too but I'm no sure about others. You could always start it!

·
The more time we spend with goats, the wiser we be
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

There aren't many people who show boer goats at my county fair, but that is the extent of my showing (so far). Although when the time comes I might try to get it started!

Thanks,

Patrick

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
There should be open class boar shows if you are in an area that supports a good number of breeders. Pretty much just like ADGA shows. I would guess they would be sanctioned through the boar goat register of which you would most likely need to be a member of. Or at least have your goats registered through them. A post asking this question on craigslist in your and the surrounding areas may yield better results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts