The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am excited to be part of this forum. I have used it for years, but just searched the posts and never signed up.
I have Oberhasli and Mini Nubians in my milking herd. Some are a mix of both.

One of my does just had triplets (3 days ago)
Legs.jpg
and the first baby was breached and I had to turn her and assist with the birth. She is having issues with front leg strength at the joint and it bends at weird angles. I have given her a sel/vit e paste dose, and am looking at trying to get the right dosage for Cod liver and Vit E daily use. (any suggestions?)

My main question is how to make a splint that works for a baby goat. I am planning on making a splint for each leg to help stabilize them and wanted to see if anyone has any ideas that haven't come off immediately.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Welcome to this wonderful forum!
There are lots of friendly, experienced goat lovers here.
I am sure you will find the advice you need.
Good luck with your doeling’s leg.
She sure is a cutie!

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Welcome, I’d Give one cod liver gel cap squirted into her mouth the same with the vitamin e. You can do it daily for 2-4 days. Measure paper towel rolls to fit Cut a slit from one end to the other and vet wrap Semi snuggly but not so it’s constructive. Check them often. Each day take them off and gently massage and stretch the babies legs. She’s a pretty little thing. Congratulations on the kids and great job getting her turned about and out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts