New Member in Michigan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hailee's Herd, May 25, 2008.

1. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    I finally got my friend Carolyn (Hodgson's Herd) to join here! I got Shadow from her last year and she is also the lady who has Coco's kids. She told me she would post here later to say hello. I will post pictures of her goats soon too. :) She raises Nubians and has a Boer buck too. Everyone say hello! :) :)

2. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome and look at all those spots! :wave:

4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to The Goat Spot Carolyn!!

5. Hodgson's Herd

Hodgson's Herd New Member

May 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Hi everyone I am excited to be on the Goat Spot. I look forward to learning and talking to you all. Thank you to Hailee for helping me!!! :sun: :sun:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Carlyn. Glad to have you here. :clap: :wave: WOW, I love the pastures you goats are in. It is so green and pretty.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome Carolyn!!! I love all those spots!! Hope you enjoy our happy group of goat lovers!

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! Your goats are beautiful!!

9. Hodgson's Herd

May 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Thank you everyone for the nice responses! Goats are my passion! :sun:

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Thats why you will love it here --- goats are all our passions! :cool:

11. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Hi Carolyn! Nice to see you here! My name is Jacque Seigneur. I don't know if you remember me, but my mom(Jolene) and I came out to look at your goats once and to see your Walker daughters. :) My 4-H advisor used to be Randy.

12. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Jacque, I would like to say thanks SO much for giving me Carolyn's phone number in the first place. I am so glad you did!!!

13. Hodgson's Herd

May 24, 2008
    Michigan
    Hi Jacque, It is nice to hear from you, I am so sorry that I don't remember that, but maybe if I saw you in person I would. Randy is still my hoof man, he is a really nice guy! I look forward to talking to other crazied goat maniacs!!! It has been so much fun sharing with Hailee!! We are both goat nuts :stars:

14. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Glad I was able to help you out Hailee!

That's okay! I know I don't always remember people either. I am sure I'll be posting pics of me and my goats in a couple of weeks. We have our first show of the year June 6th and 7th. :D

15. Hodgson's Herd

May 24, 2008
    Michigan
    How cool, where is the show going to be, Carolyn

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    WELCOME!!! :wave: :wave:

Now them are some nubians I would love to own - you all are going to make want yet ANOTHER breed - LOL!

17. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    It's the North East Ohio DGA Show in Wooster, Ohio. :greengrin: We've been shaving goats and getting them ready!

18. Hodgson's Herd

May 24, 2008
    Michigan
    That is very interesting. That is one reason why I am not into showing, I don't want to shave them. But I think it is great for those who do :) Carolyn

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah I am not into "naked goats" either but I really want to show none the less

it actually was a drawback for me for a time

20. farmgirls

farmgirls New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Hi! I am another MI girl who just found this site and I fell in love with it. :clap: I have been raised with goat my whole life and have been in 4H for about 4 years. Last year we started showing at ADGA sanctioned shows and I love it! Our family has Alpines, Nubians and Lamanchas. This year at the shows we have gone to we have gotten 2 Grand Champion junior does and 2 Reserve Champion junior does! It has been an exciting year for us and we are now looking forward to our County Fair.
    Looking forward to meeting you all!
    ~Bethany~

By the way, I shave all the goats on our farm, for our county fair I will be shaving 26 plus all the ones other 4Hers ask me to do. :roll: