New member intro!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lucie, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Lucie

Lucie New Member

Jan 17, 2021
    USA
    Hi there! I'm Lucie and I have 4 dairy goats. I have had goats off and on for about 5-6 years. I started by leasing a fiber goat for a year to see if I wanted to raise my own goats. Then I raised two market goats. I then began starting my dairy herd. I also fostered Nigerian Dwarf kids for a Spring. I now have Ponderosa (Rosa for short), a mini Alpine, Lyla (my avatar), a Nigerian Dwarf, Blossom (my sister's Nubian), and Cassiopeia (my uncle's Saanen). I joined bc I just took all the goats to an ultrasound clinic and found out that my little Lyla is going to have triplets!!!!!!!!! I'm on cloud 9, I can barely wait for her to kid in March, but also nervous about complications. So far I've been separating her at night so she doesn't get rammed. I also feed her separately at night. I'm going to start giving her grain soon too. Last kidding season, Rosa had twins (sadly the doeling died at 5 days old for unknown reasons), Cassie had one doeling, Blossom didn't get pregnant, and Lyla had one doeling (it's a long and amazing story if you'd like to hear it!). I'm just wondering if I could get some advice on triplets. Thanks fellow goat lovers! Goats are the best:))))))

2. NigerianNewbie

NigerianNewbie Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Central NC
    :hi: Lucie! Welcome to TGS, glad you joined. Once your post gets seen by more members, there will be lots of advice concerning triplets, pregnant does and such. As for myself :shrug:, my herd is referred to as the Monkhood. (Wethered males only)

3. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

4. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Welcome!
    I suggest that you read our kidding korral threads. The best suggestion for dealing with trips is weighing them daily to make sure they’re gaining and getting enough to eat. A lot of times there will be one that doesn’t. Be ready to supplement with whole cows milk not powdered replacer.
    Good luck with your does and when you get a chance we would love pictures of your herd.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  5. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    :holidaywelcome: So glad you are here! Sounds like your doing great..on cloud 9
    With wee ones coming! Lots of great people here with actual experience that will share with you. Ive only had twins & singles .

MadHouse and GoofyGoat like this.
  6. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

Welcome!:wave: I totally get the cloud nine thing. My does will be kidding in early March so I understand the excitement! When's Lyla's due date?

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  7. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Welcome! So glad you decided to join!
    There are lots of excited goat moms and dads here, and we love sharing the excitement!
    Lots of friendly advice from knowledgeable goatees as well!
    You found the best goat forum!

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome, glad you are here. :)

Moers kiko boars, Kass and MadHouse like this.