New Member, Pooch Test

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Martha Moo, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Martha Moo

Martha Moo New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Hi, my name is Emily. This is my first post so I hope it works. I was questioning whether three of my does are pregnant. I hope you can help. Thanks!

Lula...
    [attachment=2:3mnkci2g]1L.jpg[/attachment:3mnkci2g]
    [attachment=1:3mnkci2g]2L.jpg[/attachment:3mnkci2g]
    [attachment=0:3mnkci2g]3L.jpg[/attachment:3mnkci2g]

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Martha....and welcome! I see 3 pics but are they of the same girl? I honestly can't say wether she is or not, but I do have to ask wether this would be her first time or not? Her teat size suggests that she is forming an udder or she has freshened before....also, due you have a time as to when she was with the buck?

3. Martha Moo

Martha Moo New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    ...here is Minnie...
    [attachment=0:a73csuur]7m.jpg[/attachment:a73csuur]
    [attachment=1:a73csuur]6m.jpg[/attachment:a73csuur]
    [attachment=2:a73csuur]5m.jpg[/attachment:a73csuur]

4. Martha Moo

Martha Moo New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    ...and Martha
    [attachment=0:2az4btq2]9mo.jpg[/attachment:2az4btq2]
    [attachment=1:2az4btq2]8mo.jpg[/attachment:2az4btq2]

5. Martha Moo

Martha Moo New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    I put three different posts for each of the does. Lula and Minnie would be first timers. All three would be one to three months pregnant.

Emily

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    DUH....My "impatience" really showed there! Is Martha the younger does mom? Are you milking Martha? She has a full udder that I can see....or if these are her daughters does she still let them nurse?

In all honesty, I can give you my guesses...as I don't usually go by the pooch...I go by "udder development".
    Lula...yes
    Minnie...no(or very early in settling)
    Martha...no(or early like Minnie)

Very pretty girls too...I like their color.

7. Martha Moo

Martha Moo New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Yes Minnie and Lula are Martha's daughters. They are eighteen months old. Martha is still milking and is not supposed to be pregnant-- so that's good!

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    those are hard to say --- I want to say yes with the first doe but I am not 100% on it

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would say by those pictures, Lula and Minnie are pregnant. put it would help if the picutres were a little better. I know it is really hard to take pictures of goats Cha Cha isn't it? :ROFL:

I would be just guessing that, until I saw better pictures.

10. Martha Moo

Martha Moo New Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Thank you so much for your Poochacha musings! Both does are showing multiple signs of "preggieness". The older doe (Martha) thankfully is not. We thought she got bred through the fence one day. We reinforced the fence and she's been coming into regular heat. We don't want to breed her again because she had blood tinged milk for three months after her last freshening. She's also a wonderful perpetual milker. Here is a great picture of her in labor last year.
    [attachment=1:1s2eq0di]martha 3.jpg[/attachment:1s2eq0di]
    Martha Moo in a Zen labor moment
    [attachment=2:1s2eq0di]martha 1.jpg[/attachment:1s2eq0di]
    This is our nice vet and his son that had to be called to assist. Minnie and Lula and their brother are in front. Emily and her mom Katy are sitting on the left. I'm taking pictures.
    [attachment=0:1s2eq0di]martha 4.jpg[/attachment:1s2eq0di]