Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sweetpea, Jun 11, 2008.

1. sweetpea

sweetpea New Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Hello to all,
    I am a new member located in northwest Arkansas. I have had a few minature goats for the last few years to keep the fence lines of my miniature horse pastures clear. About a 4 weeks ago a friend introduced me to a pair of Pycazz that she had a her farm for a visit. I fell in love with the gental personality and super soft fleece. Now a few weeks later I own 7. I now have plans of "growing" my own yarns for weaving. I have been raising miniature horses for the last 8 years. This year I added miniature donkeys and the Pycazz. Any tips on raising and care will be greatly appreaciated.

SweetPea :horse:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome :wave: from Idaho!!!

What are pycazz? I have never heard of them!!

You will definately enjoy it here! Oh, and pictures are great!!!

Allison

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Welcome to The Goat Spot!

I'm a total newbie and am learning lots from the great people here.

I've also never heard of a Pycazz - do you have a picture?

I love miniature horses - I'd love to see pictures of yours! I've got a Belgian and American Saddlebred ... definitely the opposite size side of horses.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome SweetPea. Glad you are here :wave:

If I am correct, ewhat you are calling a pycash is really a Pygora with Cashmere type fleece, is that correct? I know Pygora's have a A, B or C type fleece. I is Angora type, it has to she shorn off, B is a little like Angora and a little lie Cashmere. Some has to be shorn off but some will come off with the comb, and the C is Cashmere type fleece, just not with the Micron Count that Cashmere has.
    I think that is great that you have grown your herd so fast. It is very easy to do that, The are so darn cure that you just can not get you fill. That is ALL goats.

YEP, We all LOVE pictures. :thumbup:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! :wave:

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
  8. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Welcome - another horse person hyjacked by goats here. Still love my horses but I do spend more time with the goats now. I also never heard of a pycazz.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome to TGS! I have mini-horses, 2 fillies (I'll have to start calling them Mares soon), and a colt (ok, he's technically a stallion as he's 3). Dude has started his training, the girls are just watching. :love: I used to have Arabs, that I used in competitive riding. Lots of fun. Now it's tiny horses and goats. I love it! Be sure to give us lots of pics. We have a great time here.

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Hi neighbor!!! Welcome to TGS!!!!! I live in central Arkansas