New milk stand!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Me and my dad made this PVC pipe collapsable milkstand it is really really light and easy to move.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    OH MY GOSH!

How innovative and cool, how does it work. Well? Does it wobble?

3. jBlaze

jBlaze New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Oregon
    That's awsome! Way to go!! :cool:
    I wish mine were lighter. :)

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I really love it, it is so adjustable. It doesn't wobble at all - it's really sturdy. And the mat comes off as well. I really wanted one that was weather proof and easy to take to shows. I'll take it apart tomorrow and take photos.

5. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Ah! That is so neat! What a great idea! It seems like it would be more sanitary than wood as well (wood absorbs liquid and germs). Mom's a nurse, LOL, so I'm all about cleanliness. Congrats! :dance:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh wow if my dad wasn't so busy I would ask him to help me make it!!

I want a metal one just because it is more sanitary because I can clean it better but that would work just as well. Hmmm

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    That is very neat!!!!!

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love PVC pipe, because it is so light. And I like that it is so adjustable. I am thinking of having lower legs for when I put the preggo does up there so they can't hurt themselves.

9. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Oooo! That looks nice! Do you have plans or where did you get those plans?? We really need a light milk stand to take to shows. We will have 1-3 does in milk to show this year.

10. all1965

all1965 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    AR
    Yea, that cool.
    Do you have plans for it or did you just make it yourself?

11. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Twin Cities
    That's really creative. I have to build a milkstand soon. Do you have an estimate of how much the parts cost?

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I really don't know, probably about $100 - $120?? The folded down photos will have to wait until tomorrow, cuz it's storming right now.... Nope we didn't use a plan. We made it up :idea:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yours looks almost identical to mine!!! We built ours about 3 or 4 months ago. Its pvc pipe as well. I LOVE mine!

14. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Lol, thats cool! I love mine, I had to make it big enough for Senshi's head to fet through the bars (he has a big head lol)

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh that is just too cool!! :clap:

16. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    That is the coolest thing! Now you got me thinking. Mine is made out of wood, and the stupid cats have scratched it up so it doesn't look very nice... plus it is really big and heavy and hard to take to shows. I was thinking I would have to buy a metal one sometime, but I LOVE this. Nice job!

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks! It is easier to move with two people because it is large, but it is really light weight, I was surprised at how light it was.

18. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    wow that is great. i have to of the metal ones & they are heavy when you have to take them to the shows plus you have to keep painting them so they look good.

19. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    wow that would make hoof trimming so much esier, we our going to lowes tomarow hopefully i can but some lumber for a stand :cool: