The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really love it, it is so adjustable. It doesn't wobble at all - it's really sturdy. And the mat comes off as well. I really wanted one that was weather proof and easy to take to shows. I'll take it apart tomorrow and take photos.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ah! That is so neat! What a great idea! It seems like it would be more sanitary than wood as well (wood absorbs liquid and germs). Mom's a nurse, LOL, so I'm all about cleanliness. Congrats! :dance:

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
oh wow if my dad wasn't so busy I would ask him to help me make it!!

I want a metal one just because it is more sanitary because I can clean it better but that would work just as well. Hmmm

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love PVC pipe, because it is so light. And I like that it is so adjustable. I am thinking of having lower legs for when I put the preggo does up there so they can't hurt themselves.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Oooo! That looks nice! Do you have plans or where did you get those plans?? We really need a light milk stand to take to shows. We will have 1-3 does in milk to show this year.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really don't know, probably about $100 - $120?? The folded down photos will have to wait until tomorrow, cuz it's storming right now.... Nope we didn't use a plan. We made it up :idea:

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Yours looks almost identical to mine!!! We built ours about 3 or 4 months ago. Its pvc pipe as well. I LOVE mine!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol, thats cool! I love mine, I had to make it big enough for Senshi's head to fet through the bars (he has a big head lol)

·
Registered
809 Posts
That is the coolest thing! Now you got me thinking. Mine is made out of wood, and the stupid cats have scratched it up so it doesn't look very nice... plus it is really big and heavy and hard to take to shows. I was thinking I would have to buy a metal one sometime, but I LOVE this. Nice job!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks! It is easier to move with two people because it is large, but it is really light weight, I was surprised at how light it was.

·
Registered
191 Posts
wow that would make hoof trimming so much esier, we our going to lowes tomarow hopefully i can but some lumber for a stand :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts