The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question.. I have been milking one of my does since May. I always use the strip cup to discover anything that is not "normal". She has never had any issues! But I bought 2 more milking does and they in their drying up phase. So first time milking them this morning and the one out of the two had tiny little white balls of milk left on top of rhe screen of my strip cup. What does this mean? Is it mastitis? Or is this normal? Original owner said she had never had mastitis. She is six years old. Is her milk ok to drink?

·
2,203 Posts
I have a question.. I have been milking one of my does since May. I always use the strip cup to discover anything that is not "normal". She has never had any issues! But I bought 2 more milking does and they in their drying up phase. So first time milking them this morning and the one out of the two had tiny little white balls of milk left on top of rhe screen of my strip cup. What does this mean? Is it mastitis? Or is this normal? Original owner said she had never had mastitis. She is six years old. Is her milk ok to drink?
Taste please. Salty? It could be the start or the teat blockages for during dry period. I would squirt her 10x out of each of the halves to see if anything else comes. If it's mastitis there will be more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts