New mini babies have arrived!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by redneck_acres, Feb 10, 2008.

1. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Hi folks, just thought i'd update you all on how my kidding season is going-since it is now officially underway:). Last night I had a doe kid with a single 4th gen doe kid and tonight I had another one kid with twin 3rd gen mini oberhasli doe kids!!! I let the gal know who is going to buy my herd and she was pretty excited about it:). We have mostly does here so far as my mom has only had one bucking born I believe. And the rest of hers are does.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    now thats pretty exciting. Congratulations thats something worth celebrating :D

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That's great! I can't wait for my kidding season to start!

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Talk about great odds!!! Congratulations!!! Are you selling out of Mini-Obers? Did you get pics?

5. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Yeah, I just cannot afford two breeds and the LaManchas seem easier to sell around here. Plus I think MDGA might be no more in the near future as a lot of folks are not happy with that organization. My minis will all be with TMGR in their new home.

6. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats on your new additions! :) :stars:

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes I have heard about all the MDGA problems. Don't blame you there. I tried two breeds and at times I'm still tempted but I fight the temptation and stick with my Nigies. Nigies are so well rounded, easy to sell in my area and I just love them. I wouldn't mind someday potentially raising some standard breeds but it won't be for a long time or unless we move to a really big farm. ;)

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    :) I just tell myself "When I win lottery, i'll add another goat breed". But, still haven't won the lottery :( .