The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just thought i'd update you all on how my kidding season is going-since it is now officially underway:). Last night I had a doe kid with a single 4th gen doe kid and tonight I had another one kid with twin 3rd gen mini oberhasli doe kids!!! I let the gal know who is going to buy my herd and she was pretty excited about it:). We have mostly does here so far as my mom has only had one bucking born I believe. And the rest of hers are does.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Talk about great odds!!! Congratulations!!! Are you selling out of Mini-Obers? Did you get pics?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I just cannot afford two breeds and the LaManchas seem easier to sell around here. Plus I think MDGA might be no more in the near future as a lot of folks are not happy with that organization. My minis will all be with TMGR in their new home.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Yes I have heard about all the MDGA problems. Don't blame you there. I tried two breeds and at times I'm still tempted but I fight the temptation and stick with my Nigies. Nigies are so well rounded, easy to sell in my area and I just love them. I wouldn't mind someday potentially raising some standard breeds but it won't be for a long time or unless we move to a really big farm. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts