The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several days ago we received two ADGA Nigerian Dwarf doelings via a transporter from a reputable breeder. They were in the vehicle 3 days and came from higher altitude dry desrt climate to hot humid Florida. It has also been raining a ton this week. I have kept them dry and their space is well ventilated and I clean it daily.
One doeling arrived with a slight dry cough. She didn't even cough untill later the first day even though the transporter told me she had it. He said he thought it was maybe due to the air conditioning in the vehicle. So the cough was very slight at first and dry.
She is 12 1/2 weeks and fully weaned. She eats drinks, runs around, poops normally, doesnt have a fever. She was dam raised so isnt super friendly but will let me pet her a little now.
She is coughing deeper than before though! Sounds a little wetter. Usually its in the morning. She sometimes coughs when she eats. Just a little when she first starts eating She does not seem to cough when she runs around.

At first I though okay maybe cocci and she is on medicated pellets and has been since she was first weaned at the breeders, before I got her. She also had a CDT vaccine from the breeder. I also wormed both of them with Safeguard.
Should I go ahead and treat for possible pneumonia? What do you guys think? I do have a new bottle of Duramycin 72-200 on hand or I probably could get some Penicillin from Tractor Supply.... I want to get ahead of this before it gets worse but I need some advice...
Does anyone think she could have Cocci? The other doeling has been totally normal. I did give them both a little bit of probios.

·
Super Moderator
58,910 Posts
They have been under a ton of stress. I'd have a fecal done to include coccidia. I'd have a vet look at them. I'd do daily probiotics for a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts