The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My first post here but I have been reading for hours! My daughter is new to 4-H and we are both new to dairy goats. We bought two Nubian does who were removed from the buck one week ago (with him for 2 weeks-both were mounted).
The last couple of days they seemed different. Just laying around ALOT! One is making this really wired noise - almost a moaning/grunting sound when she is laying. It sounds alot like softly blowing thru a harmonica? They both are eating, peeing/solid poops, and are sticking together. I was out with them all day today and one goat had 3 episodes of coughing (4-5 coughs in a row), twice while laying flat and once after I grabbed her under the neck as she was trying to go thru the fence. I'm worried!! Is there anything I should be doing or watching for in these girls. I'm afraid they may have caught something while they were at the bucks ranch. I have been reading how quickly things can go bad, and I'm a little terrified...
Thanks in advance

·
570 Posts
What are the color of the eyelids or gums? I've heard coughing could be a sign of worms

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She does not have a fever and her eyes look good. I took a video on my phone of her making this weird "noise" I'm concerned about. I'm going to see if I can get it on here

·
Registered
458 Posts
The coughing isn't anything to be very alarmed about as long as they don't have a temp and have been dewormed. You can inject them with LA200 if you are concerned with them having something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts