The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
yup handsome fellow. A buck is the foundation of your herd. I would pay more for my buck (if I ever bought one) then for my does as he would pay for himself over and over again.

Congrats, I know you will enjoy him

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Congrats, he is handsome. Hope he brings everything you want to your herd. Blue-eyes are excellent icing on the cake!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congrats on the new buckling... He is a flashy fellow! :)
And I agree Stacey... I have paid more for my bucks than most of the does I have. When I look at anyones herd the first thing I check out are the sires they have and then go from there.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha - I forgot about this thread!

Well yesterday I talked with the breeder of this little guy, and do to some issues at home that are a bit on the personal side at the moment, I am not purchasing any more goats. In honesty, I might be getting out of registered as there is absolutely no market for them and I hate to keep breeding registered goats and only being able to sell them as unregistered. That is just alot of time and energy for 1/2 the money

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Allison, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope things start looking up and you can do what you want to do as far as your goats go, I know the situation all too well as far as registered stock or not...I guess I'll see if I'm stuck with registered kids next year as up to this point they have all been un registered pets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts