New pics of the colt - "Chief"

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by kelebek, Jun 3, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well here are a few new pics that I took this past weekend of "Chief". He is 6 weeks old now and getting so big!!!

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH he is beautiful!

Moon was born in December right? She is growing so nicely

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    He's so beautiful Allison! :drool: Is there any way we can see some more piccies of his absolutely gorgeous momma? :wink: :greengrin:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison, he is certainly growing!! And I do think he will be a very handsome horse...my goodness He is NOW!! And Moon is growing to be a beauty too....hard to believe the trouble she had when she was born...goes to show what a kind heart can do! :hug:

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    You certainly live in a spotted world. Ilove Moon. And the outlook to that beautiful lake.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you all!

Moon was born 21 January. She was the one that had a twin brother that was going as a bottle baby and momma did not even clean off and she wouldn't let her nurse. Mom and both kids stayed in the house for about 1 1/2 weeks because of the HUGE snow storm when they were born - thank goodness it was veterns day and I was home when she was born or I would have lost her for sure as she was barely alive when I found her.

Moon is growing great and I am so happy with her. Her ear tips are just now starting to straighten out. They were bent at the tips for the longest time and do have a little scar tissue. I didn't think about it till just now, but I bet it was frostbite from birth and momma not cleaning her and drying her off.

Chief is a nice looking man if he would quit finding any dirt in the area and rolling in it! LOL! He is a bit of a head strong booger though. As much as I love him, I am glad that he is sold to a wonderful family. I just LOVE the picture of him with the lake in the background. I didn't mean to do that but when I unloaded the pic - I love it! I will take some more of mom and post them. We are supposed to have rain for the next week so as soon as there is nice weather I will take them!

I do seem to like my spots - and blue eyes - LOL!