The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, Teflon has been on pasture only and 1lb of grain per day for months. No alfalfa, just pasture. So he is in pretty good condition considering his feed! We just started giving him alfalfa and hope to get some more weight on him over the summer as he won't be breeding this year.

Teflon turned 1 in February and is the sire to all of our 2013 kids, except Dazzle. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Wow!!! He's awesome!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Naturally gorgeous!! ... Handsome.... I meant handsome :eek:

He is amazing, and you should be very proud to own him :love: If you don't mind me asking, why isn't he going to be bred this year?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! We are pretty happy with him and his kids are Gorgeous! Liberty especially. :) We will be using him again in 2014 for sure!

We are going to be using Mr Rich this year! He is basically ennobled, just waiting on the inspection of one of his does!!!! I can't wait to see what we get from Rich!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
What does ennobled mean and who is basically ennobled Teflon or Mr Rich?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Katelyn. :)

Rich is almost ennobled. :) He has earned 81 show points from himself, and his kids winning in the show ring. 80 points are needed for ennoblement, which basically means he's a really nice buck! :) Several points are awarded per champion win or high placement in an age class. It can either be from Rich giving himself points from winning, or his kids winning and giving themselves and Rich those points.

One of his daughters just placed in the top 2 out of 16 doelings and was awarded several points. She needs to be "inspected" by 2 judges and have a certificate saying she passed inspection before those points will be counted, and then Rich will be ennobled!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Oh that is really cool congrats! Teflon is a good looking fellow also.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts