New Playhouse

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by DebMc, Feb 5, 2010.

1. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I got a used Lil Tyke's playhouse for my birthday for my goats. (Yup, that's what I asked for :bday: :gift: > After plugging up the windows, we hauled it out there for the girls. Here are some pics of them checking it out. I've also attached a pic of a Lil Tyke's bed that we put in Trinity's new rain shelter. Katie, the herd Queen, has taken it over and claimed it as her new throne. My silly goats are so much fun! :cake:

Attached Files:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very nice -- I am sure they will enjoy it

I might move it away from the fencing though because I can see them jumping on it and then jumping out

3. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks for pointing that out but it shouldn't be a problem. The fencing behind the playhouse is 9' tall. On the other side is our layer yard, a giant aviary.

Deb Mc

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Hey Deb, that's a funny looking goat in the first pic!

5. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    That's Chaco, my choredog - Catahoula Leopard Hound X Australian Cattle Dog. She was a lil' put out having to pose with "goats" but, hey, anything for a peanut! Ay?

Deb Mc

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree to move it from the fence.... :wink:

what a cute idea.... :greengrin: :thumbup:

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Katie looking out the window is too funny. :thumb:

8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    We have that playhouse... I'll have to get a picture of Angel in it so you can see how small she is! LOL Cute set up.... it looks like your girls love it!

9. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Oh, please do! :kidred: :leap:

The playhouse here will serve as her shelter during "orientation". Right before she comes, we plan to move it to a grassy spot, cordon off a small area around it with temporary fencing and spread some straw - voile' temp. holding pen! Does that sound okay? And my choredog will be put on strict orders to respect the baby's personal space and give her lots of distance.

BTW, I also got enough $ for my birthday to pay the balance due. One of my sons asked how much I still needed to raise after last weekend's sales and he gave me a check in that amount. :hug:

Deb Mc

10. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    It's so wonderful when family understands our goat addiction-and that every gift should be goat related. :leap: :clap:

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I'll get the pictures of her in the playhouse as soon as the rain stops.... we already have 3 lakes again! :sigh: she loves to play in it... so the playhouse will be something familiar for her when she gets home. :) Her introduction pen sounds great! That way the girls will get a chance to get to know her where they can't bully her. :thumbup:

That is so nice of your son!!! What a great Birthday gift. :dance:

12. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    More rain?!?! :GAAH: You today, us tomorrow.

Yes, my immediate family is super supportive of my diverse animal interests, and I am very, very thankful for that, as I couldn't do it all without their support. :grouphug:

Deb Mc

13. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Here she is! :) :love:

Attached Files:

14. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Here is one of her showing my buckling who is in charge! :slapfloor:

Attached Files:

15. greatcashmeres

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Just the best everyone having so much fun in the playhouse!

16. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    That's my lil' Angel! Let the boys know who rules. :wink:

She gets prettier and prettier with each new pic. I am in love. :love:

Update on our new playhouse: someone ripped out 2 of the window coverings I installed and I think I know who did it. :sigh:

Deb Mc