New Pygmy Lover Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TXsouthrngrl, Sep 25, 2009.

1. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009
    Hi guys, My name is Nona and I'm so excited to be here. I recently bought 3 pygmy goats and my head has been swimming with how fun they are. I've been terrorizing the internet for any possible info on how to best care for my new babies and came upon The Goat Spot. It will be so nice to talk with others who are more knowledgeable than myself.

I have 5 boys (ages almost 2 thru 17) well 6 boys if you count my husband. My pygmy babies (Sweety Girl, Itsy, and Bosco)are 2 doelings (I think I'm using the right words) and a buckling. I was actually going for all girls but when I saw him I just fell in love.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big welcome...Nona... :wave: ...from northern California..........so happy .....you found us ...we are here for any questions ...you may have....on your goaties......we also love to see pics of your babies....if you have any.....feel free to post them in photogenic.... :thumbup: Again welcome.......welcome ....welcome..... :hug:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome

ask any questions and feel free to post pictures :wink: :greengrin:

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    WELCOME!! from a fellow Pygmy gal! Too bad you don't live in Ohio though. :(

Welcome and enjoy! :D :wave:

6. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Welcome! I'm a pygmy person too! WHere did you get yours? Are they registered? Addictive, aren't they?

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome Nona!!!

They are fun aren't they? Just wait til they get older...then the real fun begins as they grow their personalities!

Ask anything you want...I'm pretty sure you'll get lots of answers :wink:

8. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009
    Thanks so much!!

No my babies arn't registered or anything, I just found them through different owners who like to have them as pets also. Of course I didnt know anything about registered pygmies so I didnt know to ask but it's really no biggie to me. I just love having them around. My Sweety Girl likes to sit next to me on a bench and dont sit down if you have goodies in your hand cause Itsy will practically jump in your lap. Bosco was already 6 months when I got him and wasn't really tame but he's coming around. Now he'll eat out of my hand as long as I dont try to touch him.

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    minis are just cute as pets -- I use to have unregistered and bred them until the show bug bit me