New Pyr puppy

Discussion in 'Precious Protectors' started by fritzie, Nov 27, 2007.

1. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i have a year old female pyr(mini pearl) she has been in with my bucks since she was 12 weeks old. i have been wanting another for the back pasture for the does. i just love the pyr. she is a real good gaurd dog.
    well yeasterday i got an e-mail from Kristen & i am getting a male pyr in december :clap: i am so excited. i never had LGD before & i sleep so much better with her out there. she walks the fence all night long & will sleep most of the day. if he is as good as her i hope to breed them next summer. just had to tell some one because i am just so excited to be getting him.
    thanks kristen

2. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Woo hoo you gotta post pictures when you get him.

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    yea i will. i also need to update some of mini pearl. the only one i have of her is on my web site when she was a baby. i had two anatolian/pyr cross last year but they did not work out with the goats. they would not stop chasing them so i had to get rid of them but i just love my pyr.

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I am happy for you! I need an LGD too.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh that is so cool. So since December is in like 4 days now when will you be getting him exactly? or do you not have a date yet?

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats!

My puppy is 1/4 pyr and she shows it - she loves the goats and wants to be with them all the time! Although not as much now that it snowed last night - she would not go out to potty.

But this morning she had to go check on everyone first thing - then she felt better!

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    How great that is- I have never had a dog that wasn't an indoor pet- a working dog sounds great- congratulations

8. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    thanks every one. i also have an 8 year old aussie & a three year old corgi that are my house dogs. but the aussie will not let any one near my truck & also will run off any dogs around the goat fence.
    stacy kristen is leasing one of my alpine bucks & they hope to bring him back on or near the 8th so they will bring the pup with them.
    i never had a LGD in maine & had to close my goats ina t night because of the coyots(sp) but now i would not be with out a pyr. i am hoping to breed these two this summer & have pups for sale. they will be born & raised with the goats.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  11. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Love the name mini pearl!! And congrats! You know I love the pyrs. Hope everything works out dandy.

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats!! Be sure to post lots of pics! :D

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Is it going to be a Christmas gift to yourself?
    I have never had a dog out with the goats. We have thought about it but we have never had a problem.

14. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    yes he is a christmas gift for both me & my does. i just love the pyr. when some one comes to the house & goes near the goats mini pearl will always stand between them & her goats. she could care less what they do to me. :lol:

15. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Well maybe if you baaaaaa-ed at her and wore a hat with horns, she'd protect you too.

16. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    :lol: yea or if i smelled like a buck.

17. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    I don't know how I missed this thread earlier! YW Fritzie. I know you will take good care of him. I've met your other dogs and I know how spoiled they are. :wink:

Kristen

18. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    thanks Kristen. i have been telling the does all about him(they are not to thrilled :lol: ) my herd queen karma & next in line squirt will keep him in line.

19. ncgoats

ncgoats New Member

Dec 9, 2007
    2 pyr mix pups to good home

Western Kentucky - Two pyr mix pups to a good home. Females - five months old. One - light tan. One - tan w/dark muzzle. They have been with goats since birth. People-friendly and good natured. Email: bpn2horses@aol.com
    for more info.

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ncgoats best advertizement would be to post your own add here under precious protectors.