The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a year old female pyr(mini pearl) she has been in with my bucks since she was 12 weeks old. i have been wanting another for the back pasture for the does. i just love the pyr. she is a real good gaurd dog.
well yeasterday i got an e-mail from Kristen & i am getting a male pyr in december :clap: i am so excited. i never had LGD before & i sleep so much better with her out there. she walks the fence all night long & will sleep most of the day. if he is as good as her i hope to breed them next summer. just had to tell some one because i am just so excited to be getting him.
thanks kristen

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i will. i also need to update some of mini pearl. the only one i have of her is on my web site when she was a baby. i had two anatolian/pyr cross last year but they did not work out with the goats. they would not stop chasing them so i had to get rid of them but i just love my pyr.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Congrats!

My puppy is 1/4 pyr and she shows it - she loves the goats and wants to be with them all the time! Although not as much now that it snowed last night - she would not go out to potty.

But this morning she had to go check on everyone first thing - then she felt better!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks every one. i also have an 8 year old aussie & a three year old corgi that are my house dogs. but the aussie will not let any one near my truck & also will run off any dogs around the goat fence.
stacy kristen is leasing one of my alpine bucks & they hope to bring him back on or near the 8th so they will bring the pup with them.
i never had a LGD in maine & had to close my goats ina t night because of the coyots(sp) but now i would not be with out a pyr. i am hoping to breed these two this summer & have pups for sale. they will be born & raised with the goats.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Is it going to be a Christmas gift to yourself?
I have never had a dog out with the goats. We have thought about it but we have never had a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2 pyr mix pups to good home

Western Kentucky - Two pyr mix pups to a good home. Females - five months old. One - light tan. One - tan w/dark muzzle. They have been with goats since birth. People-friendly and good natured. Email: [email protected]
for more info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts