new question about injections of antibiotics????

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by cdtrum, Feb 9, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok....my vet left me with 2 follow up injections for each boy.....if they are very much back to normal should I still give the injections? I just hate to call and bother my vet again with this question, so thought I would come to the next best place and ask you guys another silly question.....sorry for my lack of experience in being a goat mom! Jake the one that was the worst has already had 2 shots....I just hate stressing them out if there is no need....they had a very stressful weekend.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes you need to continue till they have had the pen for 5 days. It will continue to loose its effectiveness if you dont.

Just like in humans when you feel better but you have to continue the treatment - its working but if you stop then chances are the bacteria isnt fully gone from your body.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes...as Stacey said, please continue with it...a few cookies afterwards seem to help with the "stress"....they'll forget all about it in no time! (Don't forget a cookie for yourself!)

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks Stacey for your quick reply.....ok, I am off the barn......I think I can, I think I can :pray: !

Thank you Liz and Stacey for the support! I have to wait until hubby gets back from town and then we will attempt to give them!!!!!!