The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long, LONG story short, I have been dealing with these people for 3 years. I have rescued a total of 19 horses out of there now, she is the 4th I have had in my possession, except this time shes only partly in my possession LOL. Her main owners are one of the couples who took one of the mares I took the first time. This new mare needs a name, I am really liking Fanny so far, its a good old fashioned name, and this mare is 32 so its kind of fitting.

At the hell hole that she was living at, a 15x20 pen with 3 other mares, one of which is a bit thin, she will be the next one to get taken out of there probably sometime this fall or when ever she is really emaciated. They ONLY let their horses go when they are skin and bones. THey started out with 70, then gave away 40 starving ones, then starved 20 more, gave them away, now they are down to 8, and they gave her away today, so its 7 left! 3 mares and 4 stallions, and yes, law enforcement knows about it all, my sheriff buddy I met through all this mess puts heat on them when things get weird enough to be close to illegal and thats when they give up horses.

Her first day at her new home. This photo really makes he look a TON better than she is.

She has horrible lice, just like ALL the others I took out of there

The 3 other mares I had here from the first time I took horses out of their place

Amber 3 years ago, the mare I ended up keeping. SHes literally mentally slow, shes 20 and still baby chatters

Clover 3 years ago, she lives next door with my awesome neighbors and the new mare :)

Sophie 3 years ago

I am thankfully and relieved that they gave up this mare before they starved her as bad as they ahd starved the previous ones.

·
Super Moderator
58,870 Posts
I bet she will be a beautiful horse when given some good food and loving care. How about Abigail? Fanny is nice too.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like abigail too! I too think she will be really lovely when shes in good shape! Shes got very little left for molars, but shes got a lot of grass now, and has great front teeth, so I think she will pack on the weight lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I bet once you get the lice taken care of she will pack on the pounds....lice is a weight/blood sucking killer in older horses.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
good on you for rescuing!! I think with some tlc, that horse will bounce right back!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
How horrible. We got a rescue as well years ago. He was 500-800# under weight. Vet said he would only live a few months he was so bad.

We had to put him down 5-1/2 years later. He was beautuful and the best horse. So thankful for his food.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts