The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my first ADGA show this weekend with my Nigerians. It was fun & hot. We learned a lot. They had an auction. This lady told me that this buck has amazing lines and is worth a lot. I have know idea about Nubian bloodlines. My good friend raises them and she is starting over trying to get a bloodline out of her heard that almost ruined her herd. I looked at his papers and that farm was not on their so I thought maybe she would like him.:D Just changed phones so could not call her. I put down $30 dollar bid. I only had $40 cash on me. I won the bid. Now I'm thinking in the back of my mind what am I going to do with this buckling if she does not want him.:eek: Brought him home called her up the next day and asked her if she wanted a buckling. Told her he does not have that one bloodline she does not want but could not remember what farm he was from. My sister has his papers. I knew he came with a milking record and pictures and info on his bloodlines. Told her if she did not want him I'll take him home.
I picked up his papers and drove him over. I do not think I have ever seen her soo excited.:cool: I guess he was 100% Six M Gallixy farm with very milk lines. She is in love with him.:lovey: Her other friend already wanted to buy him.:cool: She even gave me a hug she was so happy. So I do not think she is sending him back to me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I googled his farm name. Looks like you probably got a bargain for 30 bucks! Next time you find a deal like that, you can ship him my way! lol! :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL I never have luck like that. I'll let you know at the next show I go to. :)The Lady that brought him said he was worth over $700 & another person said he was for sale for $450 but bucks are not selling well right now. I still was not sure why he was not being sold for more. Their were Nubian breeders there. Oh well my friend is happy. She is a wonderful person that has helped out so many people around here. She was ready to give up almost because she was getting deformed babies from the other bloodline she had a good part of her heard in. She got rid of over half her heard to get rid of that bad line. Now she is happy with Tux.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts