The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new team of Belgium geldings I just bought recently,hobby of mine,enjoying them so far

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Very nice! I used to drive a team of Belgians through a village as a job. It is a very cherished memory. Your team looks good. How do they handle?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone,they handle great,my 13 tear old daughter drives them,you can let them stand and tie the lines to there harness and walk away ,really good about standing .

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Their gorgeous congrats! and that one is so THICK even for a draft horse. He appears shorter than the other though, or is he just standing with his head lower?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
A neighbor of mine used to have three Rock, Tim and Tom. He used them as a team interchangeably. Rock was 18 hands Tim was 17.2 and Tom was 17.1 Tom was the thickest and shortest and he had the most gorgeous white long mane and tail he was my favorite in looks. He just looked so regal. Rock was by far the friendliest though, big tall boy. I sure miss those guys.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
So beautiful!!! My dream is to have a team one day :)

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone,we have had horses on and off over the past 12 years,and decided to get back in to it,

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was told they ride as well,we are planning on riding as well,my 13 year old daughter has a paint mare she rides,so she is going to try,my grandfather had teams of ponies that he drove and when I was like 7 ,he would come and get me and we would go for miles on the wagon,it's funny because there are 6 kids and I'm the only one who has any interest I. The draft horses,I was young when he passed so it brings back memories,a few years ago my grandpas brother,last one alive came over and went for a ride with us,he in his younger days pulled horses as a hobby/sport,I enjoy it alot and think most of the time we would be further ahead the way things used to be,even though I wouldn't have an iPhone to stand here and type on .lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts