The Goat Spot Forum banner

new to goats have questions

941 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sparks879 
#1 ·
Hello. I have a 9 1/2 month old nubian doe. I have been trying to locate a nubian buck for her but so far no luck. I just noticed her in heat last weekend. the first time I have noticed her. She looked puffy and pink Fri and Sat noticed witish goo, so I assume she was in heat. Should I get her a buck rag to smell before her next heat to help her ovulate? ( She is my only goat) or just take her to the buck a few days before she is due to come in heat again? Wait til she is in heat and take her? Also if I can not find her a nubian, the only other options I have would be boer and oberhasli, how would oberhasli-nubian look?Thanks in advance for any advice!

#4 ·
if you have the opportunity to take her and leave her with the buck that would be your best bet. I would count 18 days from the first signs of heat and then take her over at that point. Leave her for a few days and then bring her home :thumb:

I had an Ober nubian mix -- cute goats

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.