new to goats

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by countryboy, Dec 13, 2008.

1. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    What's up? My name is Richie. I'm new to the goat world. I seem to find myself looking at this site more than the other goat web sites. I have many questions for ya'll goat keepers.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Welcome to TGS Richie!!! Glad to have you here!! :wave: Don't be shy to ask questions and jump on in on topics. You'll love it here!!

So do you have goats? What kind??

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Richie! Jump right in and ask away! :)

4. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Thank ya'll. I'll have to get the wife to take some pictures for you. I would say they are some scrubs. I buy two little doelings at the sale barn and one 18 month old buck from the paper. The buck was said to be 100% boer but I don't believe it. All three,I believe are boer crosses.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    hi welcome

6. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Yep he has the goat bug. Sorry dude you will never get rid of it. Hiya from PA I am Pancakes mommy Ann. I work for a lady that has goats and only have one baby.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hey there....and Welcome! Glad you decided to join us.....we all have lots of info we are very willing to share....so jump right in and ask anything you want to know about goats....pics are very helpful when it comes to identifying breeds..and we have a few Boer breeders here that would help you out....I myself have mini's..pygmy/nigi crosses and a couple registered nigi's...I think any goat is sweet, but it's easier to have a "lap goat" that doesn't outweigh you :wink:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Idaho :wave:

First - pictures are a must :wink: hehehe!

And PLEASE ask away, share your stories and jump on in to the "goatie" addiction!

Nice to see you here!

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Welcome to TGS! I breed boers and pygmies in Indiana and would happily give any advise you need (that I know). When the goat bug bites there is only one cure...get more!So sorry it's irreversable.

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Welcome to TGS! The people here are wonderful and always ready to help. Can't wait to see pictures... :)

11. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Hey Goatnutty is that why I already have the next babies I am getting names picked out while waiten on the does to get old enough to breed that I have hand picked out. Waffles (Blueberry if a boy Strawberry if a girl) and French Toaste. ANd I thought Pancakes was going to be enough

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Richie welcome :wave:

That would be awesome if your wife took pictures for us.....we love pictures :love:

And I must say it is awesome to have another gentleman on the board :) It also helps remind me that yes I can find a guy who can like my goats one day :greengrin: I am a total goat addict and proud of it too :cool:

13. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Welcome! Don't hesitate about questions, they even put up with my constant inquiries! :greengrin:

14. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yeah, and she's not kidding, Epona asks TONS of questions!

haha, I'm totally kidding.. I actually don't think I've seen you ask any questions Epona.
    Anyway, Welcome to TGS!

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome from central PA!

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...Richie... :wave: ...we will try to help... with all... your question needs...no question is dumb.....just ask away... :)

we love to see pics..... :leap:

17. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Hi :clap: and welcome!

It is nice to have another male on the boards ...

Cant wait to see pics!

I started with one angora - I now have over 50 goats, so I know all about the addiction.

I began breeding angoras, then I got given some boer bottle babies, then I wanted a dairy doe to supply milk for the poddies, then I started drinking the milk so I needed more dairy does.

All of which the result is I now have registered Angoras, registered Boers, two reg. Saanens and one reg British Alpine, plus I have working (pack and harness) goats!

Its a really great addiction to have!

18. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Thank ya'll for the great welcome. I'm working on the pictures as we write. My wife has to help me. Not to savy with all the computer stuff, but will get it done. I'm blessed with a wonderful wife who will help ya'll see my goats.

19. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Welcome Richie! And wife! Its too late for you now that you have goats but you have found us.
    We all suffer & rejoice together in our addiction.

20. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Oh yeah, sorry. The wife's name is Crystal.