New to goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by turtlebutte goats, Dec 14, 2008.

1. turtlebutte goats

turtlebutte goats New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I would like to see a conversation on alot of items to think about when we are new to goats, or have just received new goats. I got goats about 2 months ago, and love the site, but had to read thru alot to find bits and pieces to help me out just starting. Alot of what people talk about is for more advanced for someone just looking to find out the size of a fence, heat or no heat, etc...

Thanks!

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    There are so many smart people on here that know tons.. I think if everyone chipped in we could easily make a little New to goats guide for on here :wink:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Turtlebutte, sometimes is easiest if you ask specific questions....like "What do I need fencing wise for 2 pygmy bucks?" You'll get lots of answers to those! :wink:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yeah, definately agree w/ ya Liz. There's just so much stuff a new goat owner should know it would take forever to type it out on here. I would do a google search on your breed and new goat ownership etc. It should come up with some good websites.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the goat sense 101 carries a lot of good information.

If you have specific questions that would also be helpful to us in helping you.

Check the Kidding Koral if you have questions on kidding -- lots of good information on there in "stickies"

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I have to agree. ASK away. Anything you want to know I am sure someone of a few someones will be able to help.
    Please that is how we all learn here. WE LOVE QUESTIONS AND PICTURES

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I send all newbies to http://www.fiascofarm.com. It's all there and easy to access. Looks they are downsizing, or retiring so I hope they continue the website, and I hope everybody makes a little donation to keep it going. Good luck with your goaties...and certainly ask any questions you have...lots of experienced folks here!