..New to the "Goat Spot..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by foot, Jul 18, 2008.

1. foot

foot New Member

Jul 17, 2008
    .."Hi".Im "Foot"... "We" live In Nassau County In Florida ...We currently have 8 goats- recently downsized from 13 ..We have been goat enthusiasts for about 4 years and have learnt alot along the way thanks to "many" goat websites..We, like many of you, have our own way of keeping goats and what works for us may not work for you. We enjoy our goats and have a good knowledge of there well being....

..foot..

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    :wave: Welcome!!! :wave: I'm pretty new here also!! I've had a great time here so far and am learning a lot and having many questions answered already! We have around 45 miniature goats and one nubian buck!!!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome. :wave:

There is of course no "right" way to raise goats, so dont worry about that here. We welcome new ideas and prospectives.

We only ask for you to give advise in a friendly manor and accept criticism with an open mind (or at least dont create an argument if it doesnt fit your way of thinking).

Hence my motto "keep it friendly, keep it fun" :greengrin:

So what kind of goats do you raise? What is your goal for raising them, primary pets or milk, meat?

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome to TGS foot! I am glad you have joined us!

5. Kittikity

Kittikity New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Welcome from another Floridian!

6. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Hi- welcome from the other end of the country - welcome.
    Even if what you do doesn't duit my area, I would still love to hear about anything special you do. It is always good to have more information.
    Where is Nassau county? Sounds like a beachy paradise.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome....yup we all have our ways and it's definately a great thing to hear of other ways....interesting too, Looks like a Kinder in your avatar...is that what you raise?

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome!! Glad to have you with us! :)

9. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Hi and Welcome! I'm new to goats and really appreciate the help that the wonderful people here have given me.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello from Idaho :wave:

Glad to have you here!! You will love it! I have been here since the very beginning (thanks Stacey) and you will find that we each have our own way - but when questions are asked - there is NEVER a lack of information! LOL!

By the way - we LOVE pictures!!!

11. foot

foot New Member

Jul 17, 2008
    ..Thank you all for you warm welcomes..
    .. Nassau County Is Close to the Georgia border, lots of heat and rain but the beach is at least an hour ride as is anything else. We have mostly boar goats (7 does) and we just have them as field pets for our pleasure. We do breed them too and have just parted with our Boar buck and adopted this new buckling about 4 months old (photo). He is a Boar/Kiko/Spanish meat buck cross..thats him In the avatar.We had to crop his pic to fit so we cropped out the bar he has attached to his horns to stop him from constantly getting his head stuck In the fence ..Here he Is in full view : )! We also have chickens and chicks and great eggs as well as rabbits and 4 rescue dogs and a cat and lots of frogs and snakes and spiders that came with the property.

..foot..[​IMG]

12. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Welcome from Inidiana! :wave: What kind of rabbits do you raise?

13. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Welcome from PA! :wave: That's quite a picture! I wish I'd fixed up my little Cashmere doeling like that...she tore her horn off after getting caught in the fence...now I have a little unihorn! :GAAH: Soooo, are you a Mr Foot or Ms/Mrs Foot or Youngster Foot?

14. foot

foot New Member

Jul 17, 2008
    .."Hi"..Di..I.m a Mr Foot and Mrs Foot Is Here Too ))..We are sorry about your little Unihorn..We here have had many your goats that get there head stuck In the fence ..so we have a few goats at this moment wearing a cross bar here and we still cannot get cell phone reception ..Lol.."Oh" and Goatnutty, the bunnies are young "Newzeland Whites"...

..Foot..

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well, your little boy is still cute, even with his "head dress"....around here I learned the hard way after needing to use bolt cutters to get my pygmy buck "un stuck"..I just went with smaller squares in the panels :wink:

16. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Welcome. :wave:

That's a very handsome buck. :)

17. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Thats cool! I have a couple New Zealands,a Satin.,a cross bread,a dutch,and we are in the process of getting lops.

18. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :slapfloor: Welcome Mr & Mrs Foot!