The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.."Hi".Im "Foot"... "We" live In Nassau County In Florida ...We currently have 8 goats- recently downsized from 13 ..We have been goat enthusiasts for about 4 years and have learnt alot along the way thanks to "many" goat websites..We, like many of you, have our own way of keeping goats and what works for us may not work for you. We enjoy our goats and have a good knowledge of there well being....

..foot..

·
Premium Member
15,205 Posts
:wave: Welcome!!! :wave: I'm pretty new here also!! I've had a great time here so far and am learning a lot and having many questions answered already! We have around 45 miniature goats and one nubian buck!!!

·
Premium Member
28,344 Posts
welcome. :wave:

There is of course no "right" way to raise goats, so dont worry about that here. We welcome new ideas and prospectives.

We only ask for you to give advise in a friendly manor and accept criticism with an open mind (or at least dont create an argument if it doesnt fit your way of thinking).

Hence my motto "keep it friendly, keep it fun" :greengrin:

So what kind of goats do you raise? What is your goal for raising them, primary pets or milk, meat?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hi- welcome from the other end of the country - welcome.
Even if what you do doesn't duit my area, I would still love to hear about anything special you do. It is always good to have more information.
Where is Nassau county? Sounds like a beachy paradise.

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Hello from Idaho :wave:

Glad to have you here!! You will love it! I have been here since the very beginning (thanks Stacey) and you will find that we each have our own way - but when questions are asked - there is NEVER a lack of information! LOL!

By the way - we LOVE pictures!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
..Thank you all for you warm welcomes..
.. Nassau County Is Close to the Georgia border, lots of heat and rain but the beach is at least an hour ride as is anything else. We have mostly boar goats (7 does) and we just have them as field pets for our pleasure. We do breed them too and have just parted with our Boar buck and adopted this new buckling about 4 months old (photo). He is a Boar/Kiko/Spanish meat buck cross..thats him In the avatar.We had to crop his pic to fit so we cropped out the bar he has attached to his horns to stop him from constantly getting his head stuck In the fence ..Here he Is in full view : )! We also have chickens and chicks and great eggs as well as rabbits and 4 rescue dogs and a cat and lots of frogs and snakes and spiders that came with the property.

..foot..

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,251 Posts
Welcome from PA! :wave: That's quite a picture! I wish I'd fixed up my little Cashmere doeling like that...she tore her horn off after getting caught in the fence...now I have a little unihorn! :GAAH: Soooo, are you a Mr Foot or Ms/Mrs Foot or Youngster Foot?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
.."Hi"..Di..I.m a Mr Foot and Mrs Foot Is Here Too ))..We are sorry about your little Unihorn..We here have had many your goats that get there head stuck In the fence ..so we have a few goats at this moment wearing a cross bar here and we still cannot get cell phone reception ..Lol.."Oh" and Goatnutty, the bunnies are young "Newzeland Whites"...

..Foot..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts