The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
I am kinda new to goats. I used to show when I was younger but didnt learn a ton about illnesses. I rescued 4 goats from a friend who knew nothing about them (she had them 2 years never trimmed feet, if this gives you an idea). I have had them about 3 months and have had to rehabilitate them all. They are slowly getting better but one of them I noticed today had missing hair on the front leg and it is crusty kind of. I was thinking lice or mites(pics attached). Please help with an idea of what it might be and how to treat. In the beginning of March they are all getting a full vet workup head to toe, top to bottom. But I am willing to take them if they need to be seen sooner. Please Help. TIA (I feel awful I didnt notice sooner...bad goat mommy :( 20180128_143126.jpg 20180128_143159.jpg 20180128_143016.jpg

·
14,615 Posts
Looks like a pretty good case of mites or lice.
There are a few different ways to treat.
Get some blue cattle pour on. Get a syringe & wet well, rubbing down to skin. Be sure to wear rubber gloves & saturate under dew claws. Repeat in I think every 21 days until gone. Looks like she is going to need three treatments.
I will let others tell you what they do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a pretty good case of mites or lice.
There are a few different ways to treat.
Get some blue cattle pour on. Get a syringe & wet well, rubbing down to skin. Be sure to wear rubber gloves & saturate under dew claws. Repeat in I think every 21 days until gone. Looks like she is going to need three treatments.
I will let others tell you what they do.
I know the lice are not contagious to humans and dogs but would the mites be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts