The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a container -- I poked holes in the side and filled it with treats. I also put jingles in there, but the jingles are too big to come out of the holes. They're just for fun =D

·
208 Posts
My girls LOVE toys. They have several in their pen, and I rotate new toys in on a regular basis. I use a gallon plastic milk jug, with a hand full of goat chow in it. They'll toss it around for hours. They also have some dog chew toys (the rope kind) and some big beach balls that they enjoy kicking around the pen. One of their favorite toys is a tether ball I hung over the fence. They love knocking it with their heads!

·
Member with a bahhh
2,427 Posts
I wish my goats could play with toys like that. Its so dusty here and my girls are so picky they won't eat it off the ground.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
10,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My girls LOVE toys. They have several in their pen, and I rotate new toys in on a regular basis. I use a gallon plastic milk jug, with a hand full of goat chow in it. They'll toss it around for hours. They also have some dog chew toys (the rope kind) and some big beach balls that they enjoy kicking around the pen. One of their favorite toys is a tether ball I hung over the fence. They love knocking it with their heads!
I will have to make more toys for them! They're such intelligent creatures and I think they need things to keep their minds active.

·
208 Posts
I didn't even think to give them toys! You have inspired me!
They really do like toys, helps keep them occupied. This makes them less likely to make escape attempts. Here's a snap of Joy-Joy playing with her tether ball just a few minutes ago. (For those wondering, the top attachment is designed to break with only 5 pounds of force in case they get tangled in it.)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.