The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Lesson learned. Old water station had a pretty flat overhang roof which turned into a 'king of the mountain' station. And since I want to move the water station next to fence I decided on a totally different design. Whole project cost me about $100.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
^^^I agree, that's neat! Do you have any plans or anything for it, or did you just go with te flow?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ciwheeles : If you pick it up sure. I'm in Maryland. I work on computer systems all day. I'm always looking for a chance to build something with my hands.

No plans, just winged it. It just comes to me I guess. I just started building a chicken coop one day with one request from my wife that it be cute. Ended up with this:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
No kidding, That's awesome!! My dad works with computers too but he's a cyber security type guy. Where in Maryland are you located? I've been looking for something that the goats can get their mineral out of that the horses can't reach into.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Wow, you are super talented.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Westminster, MD.

To keep horses out I'd just need to make the roof overhang more and maybe change the pitch a little...enough for the goats to duck under but too low for a horse.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I live in Westminster, MD.

To keep horses out I'd just need to make the roof overhang more and maybe change the pitch a little...enough for the goats to duck under but too low for a horse.
Cool! I live near Upper Marlboro in southern MD. I'll send you a pm. :)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
omg...uglywon. that's a "cute" chicken coop???? i'm jealous! our animal buildings don't even have 90 degree angles! lol

·
Registered
905 Posts
Gorgeous chicken coop!! Nice. And I love the water station. Very cool! Could you tell me what kind of goats are in the first picture?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts