The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Katrina
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just created a website. Please look it over and give me comments. All are welcome. I never created a website before and I'm not sure what I'm missing. I do need to add pedigrees on some of the goats, and I'd like to add more pics

Www.greenmeadowfarmgoats.com

·
Goatless goat momma
7,838 Posts
I've looked through your website, and have some nitpicky things.....
- doe and buck pages: try to have the pictures line up with the lines on the page where it divides each doe, and have pictures line up together
- kidding schedule: I've seen some pages where they have a table of who's bred to who (or have plans up), and guide price for each kid.
- goats milk soap & lotion: I think maybe in time you should have pictures of each different bar with a description. I like the overall description of all your soaps, but it would be helpful for customers to see each different soap and to know from the website which has in essential oils and which are fragrance, if any has any extra additives, e.g. whether your cucumber melon soaps actually have in cucumber and melon or is it just the fragrance

maybe even have more pictures around. pictures of your farm, other animals. I really like your "about us" story, but maybe some pictures of the chickens and ducks? it's visually a better story

Overall, I really like your website. it's easy to navigate and I love how there's not a lot of "stuff" that usually gives me a headache to look at.

hope that helps! ;)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,838 Posts
I bet. I did a website for my bf and spent DAYS working on it. I used to work on the yearbook at university. these nitpicky things take up so much time! but, it's worth it to have a professional looking end product. just take it a little bit at a time. it's always a work in progress!

·
Katrina
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks really good. :thumb:
Just checked out your website.....yup I'm a rookie.....yours is amazing! I think I should add the ADGA and AGS logos to my site and I don't think I mentioned anywhere that I have ND's :type:

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
28,461 Posts
Looks nice :) I will have to sit and look at it more on the computer in a bit as I just skimmed through quickly on my iPod.. Bit I think what I saw looks nice :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts