The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new with goats and i have two so far one i know is a pygmy he is 5 months old. The doe im not too sure of, when i got her the man just stock piled on animals and sold them for profit. He told me she was a pygmy mix but she isnt small but she isnt as large as a boer would be. I believe she is around 7 to 8 months old. Also i am wondering on how often i should worm them or give them vaccines? Thankyou! any tips would be appreciated! She is the white one in the pictures and you can tell how much bigger she is then my pygmy buck. :whatgoat:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Your doe has the neatest looking ears! Both your goats are very cute too. :)

Worming there are a couple ways to do that. You can by way of worming food pellets, horse wormer, herbal supplement wormer, or Ivomec. Horse wormer seems to be the most common choice. There are only two brands you can use, one is safeguard and the other I forget the name of. I haven't tried pelleted wormer so I don't know how reliable it is. Herbal wormer has to be given weekly but it is effective. And Ivomec I just save for emergencies or stubborn worm situations.

Oh and welcome to TGS!

·
Super Moderator
59,896 Posts
She is a cute girl. Definitely Boer or Nubian in her.

Usually people do the CDT vaccine.

As far as worming, better to have a fecal done first and see which parasites they have. One wormer doesn't take care of all worms.

It is also very important to get a weight on them so you can properly dose the wormer. Also it is extremely important to give the correct dosage. Goats always get a much higher dosage than other animals.

·
Registered
630 Posts
He is quite large thou. Stands about 4 feet from the ground. His one ear is not usually down he was listening and brought it forward lol. Aren't pygmys smaller? I was looking up angora and cashmere. Maybe he is a cashmere goat????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.