Newbie from England :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by happyhogs, Oct 15, 2009.

1. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Hi there!

My name's Bonnie and I new here and new to goats! I have wanted one since I was a child and it was the recent realisation that my son had turned 21 and still I had no gaot that spurred me to follow my dream!! I have done sooooo much research and have read all I can find but much of it is in conflict so who better to turn to than those that have them...you guys!

I have reserved two disbudded pygmy wethers and will be picking them up just as soon as I have finished their pen....hopefully after this weekend. I am sooooo excited but nervous too as this is a first for me. I work at a Primary school and the goats will actually be living there and doing much to help the children learn about animal health and husbandry. We already have a cockerel and his harem of hens...12 wonderful girls who are as tame as tame can be and I adore them all! I have been known as the Mad chicken Lady, now will be the Mad Goat Lady too!!!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...Bonnie... :wave: from California......congrats ...on getting your goats....if you have any questions ...please do not hesitate...to ask... :wink: :greengrin: Again welcome..... :thumbup:

3. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    thank you so much x

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome!!! Pygmies are cute little cub-misters aren't they? Goats are wonderful in general and you won't be sorry for your purchases!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your so very welcome....happy to have you here on TGS.. :thumbup: :wink:

6. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Goats are just the best....though most of the teachers I work with can't see the attraction! I'm running round like a dog with two tails squealing that I have reserved my goats and their response is 'that's nice dear'....grrrrrrr! :roll:

Mind you, I didn't realise how costly the set-up was going to be...though they're worth every penny.

7. Mully

Mully New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Mt Ulla , NC
    Welcome ...you will love this site as there are so many caring goat lovers here and are very willing to help you get started with goats.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Cute cute cute. OK I guess I should of read this one first. In your other post I asked if they were wethers. YEP they sure are.

9. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Lol! That's OK, nice to meet you anyway x