Newbie from Nebraska

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Springbett Farm, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Springbett Farm

Springbett Farm Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Nebraska
    Howdy All!
    I'm Erika from Nebraska. I have a dozen fainters and mini silky fainters and one Pain in my rear Nubian wether. I also have 3 mini horses, 3 dogs, 6 cats, 5 roosters (that I can't seem to get rid of). I've had goats for over 8 years and have been sort of learning as I go. I started with a pygmy doe whose previous owner had her tied in the yard and fed her grass and ...dogfood! I changed that, of course. Her name was Angel. I changed that, too- she was no angel lol- to Maxine. I acquired more pygmies (like potato chips, I know) and loved them all. Max was special and when she died it broke my heart. I sold my pygmies to some 4 Hers. My husband got me a fainter buckling for our anniversary and boy was he a sweetheart (my husband, too)! As a three year buck he is still a doll and.... I had to get more just like him. I'll post pics when I can. I know everyone likes pics :)

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome to TGS from West Central PA :wave:

Sounds like you have quite a menagerie! And one sweet hubby...mine would NEVER get me a goat :laugh:

I have pygmy/nigerian crosses and registered nigerians...and even a PITA wether named Teddy...must be the "wether" thing that makes them PITA's :slapfloor:

So glad to have you with us and can't wait to meet your critters!

3. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Hi Erika, Welcome from Maryland!
    I'm with Liz... my dh would never get me a goat for our anniversary!
    Caryn

4. The1moe

The1moe New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Welcome to the Spot.... Lots of friendly people and a wealth of information. Looking forward to hearing from you...

5. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Welcome from W. Washington... Cant wait for the pics!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...Welcome...glad to have you here..... :wave: :thumb:

7. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    Hi!... and welcome from Alabama.

Stay warm up there.

8. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Welcome Erika,

Love your story. And can't wait for pictures. I have kinder goats, in NM, and my so pygmy experience is with bucks. Even the bucks are sort of appealing. I haven't ever been near a doe, sounds like a good thing for me.

I was born in Nebraska.

Jan

9. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
  10. CottonwoodCroft

CottonwoodCroft Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Inyokern, CA
    Hi Erika! :wave:

Great to see you on here. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your fainters! :)