Newbie from South Jersey!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by aperaset, Nov 3, 2009.

1. aperaset

aperaset Guest

Oct 28, 2009
    Hey all!! Thanks to Stacey I discovered this groovy group and just in time!! I just got six new goats!!!!! Yay I'm so happy I could burst.
    But first things first.. My name is Amanda and I am working on converting my grandfather's steer farm to a goat farm. I want to eventually have a store and an informational tour set up to help educate people on animals, small farms, and the agricultural boulders in NJ. I have six lovley ladies now; two nubians, two nigerians, one pygmy, and one nubian/spanish cross. I also have one nubian/spanish cross wether from last season. I grew up spoiled, with horses and dogs, cats and cows but nothing compares to my goats.
    I am very interested in Kikos. I'm not a band-wagon type of girl, I just love their look and health record. But in my husband's recent interest in goat genetics, he has created a hypothesis to mix other breeds and create a new strain of goat that may be in demand, with has peaked my interest. Therefor, I searched and found the perfect package! A herd of six wonderful goats for $200. It's amazing, and all I have to do is give these great creatures a good home. Three does and three bucks, pygmy and fainting.
    I'm happy to have another pygmy to pal around with my sweet Annie. Annie has been the smallest of the pack for two years (except for the kids) and it will be nice to give her a gal pal.
    But enough of my jammering! I dig this forum because you all are so knowledgable and nice. If you had to give three tips of advice to the new kid on the block, what three would you offer?

2. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Welcome to the group. :)

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's very cool! Glad to hear there's more people put there getting into good goat genetics! :)

Welcome! :wave:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome ...Amanda.. :wave: ..glad to have you with us.....you will love it here.. on TGS... :wink: :greengrin:

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to TGS from Ohio :wave:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Amanda :wave: So glad you are here with us.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome!

As to ideas and such --- read read read, and ask questions :thumb: