Newbie from Tennessee

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by corabee, Feb 20, 2010.

1. corabee

corabee New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Well, not from Tennessee but Massachusetts and now moved to Tennessee. My husband and I moved with our children to rural northwestern Tennessee in late June last year. We want the children to be raised in a rural farm setting. You know, peaceful. My name is Susan, husband Kyle and Cora,9 years old, Matthew,7years old, Lilah, 6 years old and Elisha,2 years old. My husband has 2 children from before we got married who are a bit older. One is a young and one is an older teenager. Great kids.
    Anyway, we bought a farmhouse and have 3 horses, a bunch of egg chickens, 7 fancy chickens, 5 heritage turkeys, 2 dogs, 5 cats, and of course, 3 goats. Tina is a pygmy who is due any day now. She is a first freshener. Kris is a mini and she is tiny. She is holding her tail as if she is going to kid but has no bag. She doesn't like to be touched so ligament feeling is sporadic and has not been indicative of pregnancy yet. Billy is just that, a billy. He is also a mini. All three are a white with black dun markings( line back, 80's "eyeshadow" sweeps, black knees with brown centers. Billy is very handsome with a white beard that has a black stripe directly down the center. He doesn't like to be touched either. But they are all not aggressive. Tina, the one due any day, is more like a dog. She is a pygmy so slightly larger than the other two. Very sweet goat.
    Well, that is the animals.
    I am 35 years old, stay at home mom. Professional photographer (mostly freelance with portraits when I feel like it). Currently not doing much photography-wise except for personal projects and such. Needed a break.
    Anything else feel free to ask!

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You are so lucky to get out of MA!!! lol

Anyways, Welcome to TGS!! :wave:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome to TGS and congrats on the move.

Is your buck separate from your girls? Since your doe is due at anytime I would make sure she is separate or remove the buck. Dont want him to hurt her when she is in labor.

4. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from eastern Ohio! :wave:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome, :wave: so glad you are here with us.

How about pictures. Beings you are a photographer I bet they are beautiful.

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Welcome to the group! :wave:

7. Dairy Goat Lover

Dairy Goat Lover New Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Howdy and Welcome from NORTH-EAST Tennessee :thumb:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big welcome from Northern California... glad to have you here....... :wave: :greengrin:

9. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Howdy from East Tennessee! Nice to have ya!

10. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Hi, welcome, and have fun here! :wave:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hey there! Welcome from PA!

Can't wait to hear about those new babies arriving!